Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firearm courier from rfd to rfd

Options
  • 21-06-2017 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

hi lads does anyone know any info on this, have a gun coming from one rfd to my local rfd. gun is paid for nearly 2 weeks and no sign of it moving.

it was a private sale and the gun was left in to the rfd thats sending it.

getting a bit nervous at this stage is their much paperwork involved

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RossiFan08

hi lads does anyone know any info on this, have a gun coming from one rfd to my local rfd. gun is paid for nearly 2 weeks and no sign of it moving.

it was a private sale and the gun was left in to the rfd thats sending it.

getting a bit nervous at this stage is their much paperwork involved

Have done it twice so far from two different RFDs to my local one. It is all on the dealers end. Fastway is the company the RFD used both times and was shipped in a week.

I had no input with it other than turning up to collect the rifle, I would say get onto the dealer and chase them up

• Registered Users Posts: 37 thunderduck

RossiFan08 wrote: »
    Have done it twice so far from two different RFDs to my local one. It is all on the dealers end. Fastway is the company the RFD used both times and was shipped in a week.

I had no input with it other than turning up to collect the rifle, I would say get onto the dealer and chase them up

your own local dealer or the other dealer? my rfd is happy to receive it and take into his stock so i can licence but 2 weeks is too long in my mind. thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RossiFan08

your own local dealer or the other dealer? my rfd is happy to receive it and take into his stock so i can licence but 2 weeks is too long in my mind. thanks for your help

I had a firearm shipped from a dealer to my local dealer, and it was the dealer with the firearm (not my local RFD) that organised the shipping. My local dealer and I had no input on the shipping. Sorry if that was not clear.

I would say 1 week is taking the piss a bit. Get onto the dealer that has your firearm and get it sent on

thanks for your help

just got a call came today can be locked thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

I was about to tell you not to worry I can vouch for both the person you bought it of and the RFD

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Burtman

Ok, let's put things straight here, I'm the guy that sold you the firearm. When we were dealing about the gun via pm on another shooting forum you told me that you were a registered firearms dealer and that a transfer from my dealer to you would be simple enough, so monies were sent via PayPal and I submitted the gun to my dealer for shipping, I then cancelled my licence with the Garda. The problem with shipping began when a removal form was requested by my dealer to you....why?..cos it turns out you weren't a dealer at all!!!...you just worked for one! All the hold was with your dealer supplying the removal form, which as yet my dealer hasn't received!...maybe not lying and letting your dealer in on what was happening would have proven more the correct way of doing things!

Burtman wrote: »
    Ok, let's put things straight here, I'm the guy that sold you the firearm. When we were dealing about the gun via pm on another shooting forum you told me that you were a registered firearms dealer and that a transfer from my dealer to you would be simple enough, so monies were sent via PayPal and I submitted the gun to my dealer for shipping, I then cancelled my licence with the Garda. The problem with shipping began when a removal form was requested by my dealer to you....why?..cos it turns out you weren't a dealer at all!!!...you just worked for one! All the hold was with your dealer supplying the removal form, which as yet my dealer hasn't received!...maybe not lying and letting your dealer in on what was happening would have proven more the correct way of doing things!

Iv provided you with all info needed through pm

Advertisement