Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Bike hire - Salou

Options
  • 21-06-2017 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

Currently in Salou for the week with the family, and looking to hire a road bike for a spin, the local resorts here do bike hire but no road bikes, just flat bar hybrids, or dodgy mtb's.

Anyone been to Salou and knows where one can be hired for a reasonable rate?

Would rather hit mtb trails but no luck on that front, but an early morning spin on a road bike would do the job, I brought my boards bib shorts and everything!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Going there later in the summer, so would be good to know - thanks rizzodun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

• Registered Users Posts: 10,471 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I used Mediterrania last summer.
    Top class service !! i would deffo recommend.

Its actually run by an Irish man .....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,471 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

You would need to book whatever equipment you need beforehand...

They are very efficent, and helpful....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Thanks for the suggestion Inquitus & greenspurs.

Unfortunately, the wife changed some things around so ended up not having an opportunity to head out on my own for a proper spin, and ended up just renting a bike from the resort (company called bikes&fun) and used it for half a day tour around Salou & La Pineda.

What I did find though were 3 places that do bike rentals which may be an alternative to Mediterrania.

Bike Cambrils
    Located on the road to Cambrils, near the Hotel Cesar Agustus. Had road bikes on display.
    http://www.bikecambrils.com

Drac Beach
    Located just across the road from Hotel Cesar Agustus, down a small alleyway, they advertise mobility scooter rental, but had road bikes on display, they also have a main shop located in Salou, not sure where though, passed in on the bus.
    Won't bother linking the website, it's from 2012.
    Email is mail@dracbeach.com

Amigo24
    Located right beside the Sanguli resort and many other places around Salou, they do bike hire, but not sure about road bikes.
    http://www.amigo24barcelona.com/en/

However, Mediterrania will prob be your best port of call seeing as they've been vouched for above, and the fact it's run by an Irishman is a nice bonus.

Lesson learned? Research and organise in advance of my next trip abroad!

• Advertisement
Advertisement