Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defy 2 2016 or similar new

Options
  • 21-06-2017 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

Looking for a new bike on bike to work. Ideal would be 2015 or 2016 giant defy 2 for price purposes. Main things are tiagra set if possible. Aluminium frame carbon fork. Am 6'1 so thinking maybe L just about. Ideal would have been 2016 model on sale which was €750 but all gone now. Anyone and ideas where to get a new 2016 model or similar???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You'll have to search and search. New 2016 models will be thin on the ground. 2018 models aren't too far away if you're prepared to hang on for a few months you might find a Giant Contend on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Takca

I was thinking of at this a few months ago but ended up getting a defy 1 from the UK instead, not sure if its still in stock but its the only defy on his website so might be worth a call at least

http://www.flanagancycles.com/p/giant_defy_2_2016

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Sligo a bit of a jaunt! Thanks though. Yeah they're like hens teeth.

Contends are only Sora 18 speed so was looking for tiagra set. I think moving away from defy and splitting the giant entry level as they have is a bad idea. Especially with the €1,000 cut off for bike to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

ankles wrote: »
    Contends are only Sora 18 speed so was looking for tiagra set. I think moving away from defy and splitting the giant entry level as they have is a bad idea. Especially with the €1,000 cut off for bike to work.

Contend SL any good to you? http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=102530

• Advertisement

If it goes on sale it would be :D

any ideas when they will launch Giant 2018? And 2017 will be on sale?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

usually around september.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

I can't see anyone having 2015 stock now. I was happy to get a 2015 defy 0 in late 2015, ultegra for 1300.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭lau1247

Looking for a new bike on bike to work. Ideal would be 2015 or 2016 giant defy 2 for price purposes. Main things are tiagra set if possible. Aluminium frame carbon fork. Am 6'1 so thinking maybe L just about. Ideal would have been 2016 model on sale which was €750 but all gone now. Anyone and ideas where to get a new 2016 model or similar???

Who does your employer deal with? Biketowork? bike4work? etc

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement

no idea, will check, whats the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭lau1247

no idea, will check, whats the difference

From my understanding, generally employer sign up to one of them company and you have to deal with the bike shops that deals with the said company. So your choice is limited to those bike shop.

I did a bit of deal finding, and only to find a good price and realised that the bike shop doesn't deal with Bike4Work (the one my employer signed up to). So kinda a bit of wasted effort. Best to start the other way around to save you a bit of time.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Advertisement