Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San franciso to Las Vegas

• 21-06-2017 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

With Aer Lingus you can fly to San Francisco and return by Las Vegas for about 100 quid cheaper than flying direct to San Francisco,(or Vegas) If I brought carry on luggage only would I be able to get out at San Franciso where there is a layover of about 2 hours, or would I be blocked from doing this. Obviously I would make my own way to Vegas and reconnect with the return flight home.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭VG31

No you can't do this. If you miss one leg of the flight the following legs will be cancelled. This is to discourage people from doing what you are suggesting. It doesn't matter for point-to-point airlines like Ryanair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

VG31 wrote: »
    No you can't do this. If you miss one leg of the flight the following legs will be cancelled. This is to discourage people from doing what you are suggesting. It doesn't matter for point-to-point airlines like Ryanair.

Actually you can if you use the Multi City option https://www.aerlingus.com/html/planPage/multi-city.html

I have flown into San Francisco and out of Newark countless times booking this way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭VG31

jjbrien wrote: »
    Actually you can if you use the Multi City option https://www.aerlingus.com/html/planPage/multi-city.html

I have flown into San Francisco and out of Newark countless times booking this way

I don't know if that is what the OP is doing. Their post is a bit confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Dr Devious wrote: »
    With Aer Lingus you can fly to San Francisco and return by Las Vegas for about 100 quid cheaper than flying direct to San Francisco,(or Vegas) If I brought carry on luggage only would I be able to get out at San Franciso where there is a layover of about 2 hours, or would I be blocked from doing this.

If you mean would you be physically able to leave the terminal then yes, you would.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Dr Devious

InTheTrees wrote: »
    With Aer Lingus you can fly to San Francisco and return by Las Vegas for about 100 quid cheaper than flying direct to San Francisco,(or Vegas) If I brought carry on luggage only would I be able to get out at San Franciso where there is a layover of about 2 hours, or would I be blocked from doing this.

If you mean would you be physically able to leave the terminal then yes, you would.
    But would Aer Lingus allow me on to the originally booked return flight from Vegas or would I have to book another flight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

InTheTrees wrote: »

But would Aer Lingus allow me on to the originally booked return flight from Vegas or would I have to book another flight.

I would have thought so but people here are suggesting that you can't but that seems overly strict.

That loophole about booking a flight beyond where you're going has been around for years but it still doesn't seem contractually legal that they can penalize you on your return flight on a later date. Who knows what emergency may have caused you to deplane in SF.

I'm no expert on airline policy though, you could ask a travel agent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Aer Lingus have this in their T+C
    3.3 COUPON SEQUENCE AND USE

The Ticket you have purchased is valid only for the transportation as shown on the Ticket, from the place of departure via any Agreed Stopping Places to the final destination. The fare you have paid is based upon our Tariff and is for the transportation as shown on the Ticket. It forms an essential part of our contract with you. The Ticket will not be honoured and will lose its validity if all the coupons are not used in the sequence provided in the Ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Dr Devious

Aer Lingus have this in their T+C

That answers that😳👀

Advertisement