Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charging in NI

• 21-06-2017 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

Lads, what's the situation with charging up north? Looking to bring the Leaf to Belfast in a day, or two. I will want to use an SCP rather than an FCP. I've got a Disabled Parking Badge, which will let me park on most of the council streets for free, but what is the situation with charging at an SCP?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Use the ecar app. All those are eCar NI and free to use with your existing acces card.

Edit : I presume you mean payment.
    I would imagine once charging you will be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

Good luck, it could be a nightmare. Does ecar ni still exist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

reboot wrote: »
    Good luck, it could be a nightmare. Does ecar ni still exist?

I went a few days ago. All worked out fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

Lucky man, well done

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

goz83 wrote: »
    I went a few days ago. All worked out fine.

Did you have to pay and display?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

kceire wrote: »

I parked in the titanic carpark, so I paid. I would have been able to use the council parking for free with my badge, but it suited me to be closer to where we were visiting. I think when parking an ev, you pay for parking and the electricity is free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

kceire wrote: »

most SCP in the north are clearly labelled as either Pay and Display or free
    I have used 2 in enniskillen and one at a spar somewhere and they were both clearly marked.
    Something we down south should take note of and emulate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

I have used several Belfast street-based 32A charging points on many trips taken last and this year. They all belonged to eCarNI network, now run by ESB as far as I know, and they took the ESB eCars card without issues and worked well. Same card worked for rapid charging in NI for me.

While parking policies vary, in general most of the city-based, on-street marked bays allow you a stay of 2–4 hours without a fee. The Titanic one is an exception, as it is on a private ground, and you always have to pay there.

Further north, around Giant's Causeway, there are charging points that seem to belong to a NI-only network, run by a council, I think. You cannot access those with the ESB eCars card. I tried contacting them for a card, but no one replied to me.

Advertisement