Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will we get new pay tomorrow?

Options
  • 21-06-2017 7:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭

The dept can dock our pay a week after a strike, I think we all know they won't be as quick to give us our 30pieces.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

It has to be back paid to the date of the suspension of the industrial action so we will get it eventually (and a massive increase in workload and decrease in conditions on top).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    It has to be back paid to the date of the suspension of the industrial action so we will get it eventually (and a massive increase in workload and decrease in conditions on top).

Yeah looking forward to those CP hours and add in a SLAR meeting now as well :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Yeah looking forward to those CP hours and add in a SLAR meeting now as well :)

Plus the fact the Asti failed to get the dept to include the reduced 40mins if we suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Plus the fact the Asti failed to get the dept to include the reduced 40mins if we suspended.

Oh I thought we were now on a par with TUI regarding hours. So TUI have 21hrs20 and ASTI still have 22.

Oh I thought we were now on a par with TUI regarding hours. So TUI have 21hrs20 and ASTI still have 22.

Depends if the principal followed department guidelines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

No increase for me this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

No instruction came to lower Asti hours to 2120 and I recall hearing somewhere that there wont be a change for Sept but I could be wrong. Everyone would have allocations etc sorted plus there is controversy surrounding the increase allocation to cover the change

petejmk wrote: »
    No increase for me this week.

Surprise surprise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

You'll probably get the "our systems have to be updated to implement that change" excuse.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I got a €26 pay rise!! Drinks on me!

(although I haven't seen my payslip so it could be something else).

• Advertisement

dory wrote: »
    I got a €26 pay rise!! Drinks on me!

(although I haven't seen my payslip so it could be something else).
    You can retire esrly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

We got paid 11 days after that with no change. They docked our pay days after a lock out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

We got paid 11 days after that with no change. They docked our pay days after a lock out.

I'm just giving the info judeboy101. FWIW we are only getting our April adjustment finalised and back paid this month. There seems to be a 'dock pay' button but no restore!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dg647

ASTI members pay has not been upgraded, it is nearly a month since convention. I wouldn't be expecting it any time soon. They couldn't even let SNAs know if they had a job in September before schools closed for the holidays.

dg647 wrote: »
    ASTI members pay has not been upgraded, it is nearly a month since convention. I wouldn't be expecting it any time soon. They couldn't even let SNAs know if they had a job in September before schools closed for the holidays.

We won't get paid til we vote yes.

We won't get paid til we vote yes.

Yes we will. We are supposed to be paid and it will be backdated to the convention date.

Payroll could only act after a circular was released but it is no surprise they didn't get it finalised this week.

Yes we will. We are supposed to be paid and it will be backdated to the convention date.

Payroll could only act after a circular was released but it is no surprise they didn't get it finalised this week.

So the dept issue circulars to dock our pay for strikes and lockouts?

So the dept issue circulars to dock our pay for strikes and lockouts?

No. But they are different scenarios. One is a change of salary and one is a docking of pay. The department have released a circular on what asti members will receive as a result of the suspension of IA.

No. But they are different scenarios. One is a change of salary and one is a docking of pay. The department have released a circular on what asti members will receive as a result of the suspension of IA.

You are right, they are different scenarios. In one instance money can be taken from us almost instantaneously and in the other money can be delayed and buried in red tape.

• Advertisement

You are right, they are different scenarios. In one instance money can be taken from us almost instantaneously and in the other money can be delayed and buried in red tape.

Of course. However it is to be back paid. Those who are changing tax brackets will be hammered though because of this.

Of course. However it is to be back paid. Those who are changing tax brackets will be hammered though because of this.

The devil always gets his due

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Everyone is gonna be hammered as the back pay hits the upper bracket.

Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Wont hold my breath for that increment after we reject LRA2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Bean Scoile

I didn't expect it straight away, but I would have thought they'd get it in in enough time for us to be used to it before we were balloted again.

This is just going to annoy moderate people into voting no again. A timely reminder of how little they care about our compliance with LRA 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

What happens to all the teachers who are leaving the country, and the payroll, this September?

What happens to all the teachers who are leaving the country, and the payroll, this September?

They count themselves lucky their getting out if this ****berg

70 quid after tax inc back pay to June 10th . I feel cheap and dirty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Bean Scoile

70 quid after tax inc back pay to June 10th . I feel cheap and dirty.

I got 80.

Advertisement