Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will we get new pay tomorrow?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

I got 80.

Teachers pet ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

judeboy101 wrote: »
    70 quid after tax inc back pay to June 10th . I feel cheap and dirty.

Read on Twitter that there won't be an increment applied until September.

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Read on Twitter that there won't be an increment applied until September.

No increment til we vote yes to LRA2

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oh right ........so I assume INTO members increments are now suspended given that they have already rejected LRA2?

I haven't read that anywhere

Wrong.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Oh right ........so I assume INTO members increments are now suspended given that they have already rejected LRA2?

I haven't read that anywhere

Into still in LRA1 and haven't taken and industrial action re LRA2, so why would they lose money. Unless I'm mistaken we have not been given all that is due to us under LRA1 by suspending our action, have we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Bean Scoile

Wrong.

From the Asti link above:

Accordingly, while work will continue on the release of increments, we will only be in a position to make the changes to release the increments after the start of the new school year.

Teachers pet ;P

I'd never make a maths teacher, i just looked at my payslip, it's €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭maude6868

I got the massive increase of 46 euro in my take home pay. Is that because I'm an opt-out, always have been?

From the Asti link above:

Accordingly, while work will continue on the release of increments, we will only be in a position to make the changes to release the increments after the start of the new school year.

So are you 100% confident our sept 14th payslip will have our new pay?

• Advertisement

Wrong.

The earliest they will give it is the 14th of sept we will vote early sept, explain how my statement is wrong?

So are you 100% confident our sept 14th payslip will have our new pay?

No, I took that to mean they will wait and see how the vote goes, and give it to us then (or not).

The earliest they will give it is the 14th of sept we will vote early sept, explain how my statement is wrong?

According to the department statement it will be back paid so we should get the back pay regardless. Our suspension of action means we are doing all the things in LR1 anyway so unless we plan on reactivating that action (not LR2) I can't see why they wouldn't pay us.

According to the department statement it will be back paid so we should get the back pay regardless. Our suspension of action means we are doing all the things in LR1 anyway so unless we plan on reactivating that action (not LR2) I can't see why they wouldn't pay us.

My reading is our LRA1 action is suspended pending a vote and a no to LRA2 (followed by any action that violates LRA1/2/CP) will send us back to fempi etc

My reading is our LRA1 action is suspended pending a vote and a no to LRA2 (followed by any action that violates LRA1/2/CP) will send us back to fempi etc

INTO and TUI will be both outside of LR2 by September, most likely. Their action would be a withdrawal from Croke Park hours if any.
    ASTI will be outside LR2, most likely. Our action would also be a withdrawal. I am guessing the punitive measure will be a deduction of the hourly value of Croke Park hours from our fortnightly wage.
    Now the department have stated that this increment will be back paid over the phone and in a statement. So we will get it but we will have a deduction equal to the number of Croke Park hours also I would guess.

INTO and TUI will be both outside of LR2 by September, most likely. Their action would be a withdrawal from Croke Park hours if any.
    ASTI will be outside LR2, most likely. Our action would also be a withdrawal. I am guessing the punitive measure will be a deduction of the hourly value of Croke Park hours from our fortnightly wage.
    Now the department have stated that this increment will be back paid over the phone and in a statement. So we will get it but we will have a deduction equal to the number of Croke Park hours also I would guess.
    Am I right in thinking we are 2 increments (or 2psy scale lvls) behind where we should be?

Am I right in thinking we are 2 increments (or 2psy scale lvls) behind where we should be?

Yes and we won't get one of them at all apparently so we lost out on a year's worth of an increment.

Yes and we won't get one of them at all apparently so we lost out on a year's worth of an increment.

Another bonus of this great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

An extra €148 to an NQT on full hours. This is what we sold our soul for.

Just want to update this; it actually was €54 every 2 weeks. The €148 was 3 pays checks worth of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

Right,got my second paycheck since we got the big pay rise!! Two weeks ago I was sure it had to be wrong,today it's the exact same, so I can confirm that I'll be back doing CP hours,forced to fully cooperate with the new JC and all the extra that will entail. And all for the princely sum of, wait for it:: €20 into my hand a fortnight!!

Not exaggerating or lying here I assure ye. I'm on point 21 on the scale and buying back 10 years through notional service which will eat a bit into any raise but €20!! €10 per week! Wouldn't even feed the dog!

Jesus if it weren't so serious it would be a hilarious joke! :mad::mad:

• Advertisement

acequion wrote: »
    Right,got my second paycheck since we got the big pay rise!! Two weeks ago I was sure it had to be wrong,today it's the exact same, so I can confirm that I'll be back doing CP hours,forced to fully cooperate with the new JC and all the extra that will entail. And all for the princely sum of, wait for it:: €20 into my hand a fortnight!!

Not exaggerating or lying here I assure ye. I'm on point 21 on the scale and buying back 10 years through notional service which will eat a bit into any raise but €20!! €10 per week! Wouldn't even feed the dog!

Jesus if it weren't so serious it would be a hilarious joke! :mad::mad:

You can afford a dog on a teachers wage? ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

You can afford a dog on a teachers wage? ;P

Will probably downgrade to a cat! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

A goldfish for me. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Can anyone else confirm this is true? I can't find anything on ASTI website (but can absolutely believe it). :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Sir123

dory wrote: »
    Can anyone else confirm this is true? I can't find anything on ASTI website (but can absolutely believe it). :mad:

ASTI members who usually received an increment on 1st September have had an approximate 9 month delay on increments due to FEMPI.

Essentially, from now on, you will move up the point of scale on June 10th. So if you were due to move to point 25 this September 2017, before ASTI were subjected to FEMPI, you will now have to wait until June 10th 2018 to receive your increment.

This will however be taken off us again this year if we vote no to LRA2, hence FEMPI again. I am a firm believer that we should vote no to LRA2. We still have not received increments that should have been due since June 10th. It is a disgrace... a few euros a week that would only buy you a pint and we have to also work an additional 33 hours. Not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

If we worked in the UK for 9 months, we'd be better set for increments, which is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm on point 14, so it makes no difference to me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

But it would make no difference to you whichever side of the agreement you were on, so what exactly is the point you are making? There are several points on the scale which don't involve a financial increase, but the delay takes longer to get to the next one that does.

• Advertisement

But it would make no difference to you whichever side of the agreement you were on, so what exactly is the point you are making?

Just that there won't be an extra bottle of wine in my shopping this weekend.

Advertisement