Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will we get new pay tomorrow?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭gavwaldo

Just that there won't be an extra bottle of wine in my shopping this weekend.

There will be in mine. Been waiting for my increment since March. On 22 hrs the last few years and still broke all the time. It won't make me rich but at least it's one less thing that injects negative energy into my work life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

gavwaldo wrote: »
    There will be in mine. Been waiting for my increment since March. On 22 hrs the last few years and still broke all the time. It won't make me rich but at least it's one less thing that injects negative energy into my work life.

The increase is still peanuts in real terms. And if you think it's worth it for all the extra work and hassle the new JC will bring into your life,not the mention the return of the wonderful CP hours,well good luck to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

3 months of accumulated back pay = €150

what a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

3 months of accumulated back pay = €150

what a joke.

What point on the scale did you move to, if you don't mind me asking?

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    What point on the scale did you move to, if you don't mind me asking?

2 to 3, I think.

• Advertisement

2 to 3, I think.

Is there not an increase of about 4k in total because of the increment and recent increases?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Deise17

Mine is about 100e in backpay. For an increment of over 1000e I would have expected more than that.

Is there not an increase of about 4k in total because of the increment and recent increases?

you'd think that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Deise17 wrote: »
    Mine is about 100e in backpay. For an increment of over 1000e I would have expected more than that.

Why?

increment ~ €1000
    paid 26 times per year = 1000/26 = €38
    3 months backpay is approximately 6 pay dates =€228
    Marginal rate of tax is 52%, leaving approximately = €109

I have never understood why people seem to think backpay will involve getting back hundreds of euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Just rang up Athlone to have it all explained to me. Essentially:

1. The 'Grouping of Arrears' payment on today's salary goes from 10 June until 14 August for ASTI members. It refers to your increment arrears. You are on the next point of your salary since 10 June last, and it's on that date each year (as things currently stand) that the new salary increment point kicks in.

2.The date entry 'Pay Increase 1/4/17' is not relevant to ASTI members, but the payment is. This money is part of the €1000 increase given to all public sector employees from 1 April 2017. 10 June is the relevant date for this payment for all ASTI members.

3. No more S&S payments, as most of us know: it's part of 'Basic pay'. Basic pay on, say, Point 10, has gone from €43,612 to €45,408. In other words, on that pay point you would get €1796 gross per annum for doing S&S, or around €850 nett per annum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking we are 2 increments (or 2psy scale lvls) behind where we should be?
    Yes and we won't get one of them at all apparently so we lost out on a year's worth of an increment.

I must be missing something in my figures so feel free to correct me. In my case anyway, the financial penalty for not doing the Idiot Hours has not been bad. Had I not been in the ASTI/left the ASTI I would have moved on to my next incremental point on 22 March 2017. I suspect most other ASTI (and TUI) members would have gone onto the next point around that time as the two 15-month-long increments moved our annual increment increase date from September to March (same applied to TUI members, who had to do CPHs). At any rate, there's 49 days of an increment between 22 March and 10 June, and that's what I lost. Well worth it! We, all ASTI members, have moved on to our new salary point since 10 June 2017.

you'd think that.

Then it should be almost 300 of an increase taking arrears into account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

I started in year X on pt 3 of the scale. It is now year Y. Should my salary scale be (Y-X)+3 ?

Then it should be almost 300 of an increase taking arrears into account.

I'll have to check my payslip when I get back home. Maybe I didn't actually get to move up the pay scales because my service to the state was satisfactory.

I'll have to check my payslip when I get back home. Maybe I didn't actually get to move up the pay scales because my service to the state was satisfactory.

I checked mine and I was the same. The basic pay * 26 does not equal the number quoted on the ASTI salary scale. It is over 1000 less in fact. I will have to call payroll.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

judeboy101 wrote: »
    I started in year X on pt 3 of the scale. It is now year Y. Should my salary scale be (Y-X)+3 ?

No because of the freeze.We've essentially lost 10 months or so. So the number you think you'll be, you will be in June 2018.

Advertisement