Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend WiFi router (w/ WAN & 4 LAN ports)

Options
  • 21-06-2017 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Looking for a bit of advise here as I normally deal with higher end stuff day to day.

A client has a building where they rent out individual rooms with shared broadband via Cisco Meraki.

They currently have sh1tty TP-Link (old) routers which they connect to the Meraki via WAN ports.

I have the Meraki configured fine, all good there. The issue is the shi1tty TP-Link routers currently in place often drop WAN connection. They're donkeys old so want to replace.

Can someone offer guidance for replacing these routers, in around the ?50 range? Each router will only have max 4 wired connections and maybe 3-4 WiFi connections, so doesn't need to be a beast.

Also doesn't need to have excellent WiFi range as the rooms are open and small, so will be turning the output down as the rooms are next to each other (I have no issue configuring the WiFi etc...)

Any assistance much appreciated!

Comments

Advertisement