Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Young band members wanted!

• 21-06-2017 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello. My daughter is 15yo and she would like to start a band. She plays the guitar and she is going for grade 5. She would be delighted to hear from a guitarist, drummer, bassist, singer around her age. All types of genres are accepted. We are based in Leixlip.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I can't help you at all on this one but just to say, fair play to her and you for trying to get something up n running. Hope it works out. Playing and working with others musically will stand to her.

More of this type of thing needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alesklar

Thank you very much for the support, it means a lot to myself and my daughter. We hope we will be able to find someone enthusiastic in music!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭MmmChocolate

Isn't there a music school in Leixlip on the Main Street, opposite the Church of Ireland? If they're still open for the summer running summer courses, they might let her put a notice up starting a band. Otherwise - and yes, absolutely worst time of year for this suggestion - if she doesn't have it up and running by September, just sticking up a note on the school notice board and/or asking her music teacher would be the obvious way forward - it would also possibly mean they might get a room to practice in and maybe do a few songs in the school at a concert or presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alesklar

Isn't there a music school in Leixlip on the Main Street, opposite the Church of Ireland? If they're still open for the summer running summer courses, they might let her put a notice up starting a band. Otherwise - and yes, absolutely worst time of year for this suggestion - if she doesn't have it up and running by September, just sticking up a note on the school notice board and/or asking her music teacher would be the obvious way forward - it would also possibly mean they might get a room to practice in and maybe do a few songs in the school at a concert or presentation.

Thank you for your post, we will follow your advise. Not sure about the music school in Leixlip, but there is a new music shop beside the mall where they also do classes. Also thinking to put up notices in Lucan and Maynooth music schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭MmmChocolate

alesklar wrote: »
    Thank you for your post, we will follow your advise. Not sure about the music school in Leixlip, but there is a new music shop beside the mall where they also do classes. Also thinking to put up notices in Lucan and Maynooth music schools.

Yes, that's the one I meant. And I don't know about Lucan but K'n'B music in Maynooth are exactly what you're looking for. They're a music shop in the square who will definitely be able to point you in the right direction and/or put a notice up for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement