Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Stadium Illustrations

• 21-06-2017 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

For those who don't know me, that's fine, you're probably in the majority :o

A couple may have spotted my work around the internet before, I'm an artist who mostly makes sport illustrations, keen League of Ireland fan too.

My latest project has been to try and draw every LOI ground. I've also done the Aviva and Thomond,

No point me making this stuff and not showing as many people as I can, so I figured I'd throw em up here, let me know what you think!

If there's any interest I'll throw more up here as I complete them, also open to suggestions :)

il_570xN.1194988064_4ehn.jpg

il_570xN.1244099389_931h.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

They are absolutely brilliant! Are any for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Great stuff. All brilliantly captured, (let's hope you have to re visit Oriel in a few years)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Any links for them in a higher resolution?

gstack166 wrote: »
    They are absolutely brilliant! Are any for sale?

Thanks very much, Yeah they're are, I've made them all limited edition prints,
    plenty available of each yet mind :pac:

You can have a look over here.

There's links to my website and all that craic in my sig
    joeysoap wrote: »
    Great stuff. All brilliantly captured, (let's hope you have to re visit Oriel in a few years)

A couple might even be out of date before I get them finished!

xtal191 wrote: »
    Any links for them in a higher resolution?
    They're at a higher res on my website :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

You've some serious talent, their all unreal. I'll be picking up a few off you come next payday. Love the player portraits to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Be looking to get a couple myself. Some of the Serie A ones are fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No Brandywell ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

No harm throwing a link to this into the stadium thread. I'd say there'd be lots of interest. Will be getting a Tolka Park once ready for sale (and I get paid).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

You would get a lot of interest with GAA stadiums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I suppose you do actually visit these places before you start drawing?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Some amazing work there man!
    I'll definately revisit on payday and order a couple of prints.

inforfun wrote: »
    I suppose you do actually visit these places before you start drawing?

I've been to most grounds at this stage but not all of them. I'm a Longford Town fan living in Limerick, but off the top of my head have been to matches in Longford, Limerick, Dalymount, Balleyboffey, Terryland (Eamonn Deacy), Tallagh, UCD, Richmond Park, Sligo, Athlone, Dundalk, as well as Lansdown and then Aviva, Thomond when Limerick played there as well as Jackman park and the RDS for the odd final etc. I'm probably forgetting something, I've been to a couple others but not for matches.

I took photo's at a few grounds, if you'd like a bit of a virtual tour, they're on my website too. I think the Dalymount and Tolka projects are the ones most worth a look, just to see the sheer dilapidation.

http://barrymasterson.com/photography

To everyone else, cheers for the kind words. I'm currently most of the way through doing Tolka, and plan on working on the Brandywell next, if anyone knows a good spot that I can use to search for some reference photos that would be brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

I actually purchased the Dalymount one a few weeks back off your site, great quality!

major bill wrote: »
    I actually purchased the Dalymount one a few weeks back off your site, great quality!

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I've been to most grounds at this stage but not all of them. I'm a Longford Town fan living in Limerick, but off the top of my head have been to matches in Longford, Limerick, Dalymount, Balleyboffey, Terryland (Eamonn Deacy), Tallagh, UCD, Richmond Park, Sligo, Athlone, Dundalk, as well as Lansdown and then Aviva, Thomond when Limerick played there as well as Jackman park and the RDS for the odd final etc. I'm probably forgetting something, I've been to a couple others but not for matches.

I took photo's at a few grounds, if you'd like a bit of a virtual tour, they're on my website too. I think the Dalymount and Tolka projects are the ones most worth a look, just to see the sheer dilapidation.

To everyone else, cheers for the kind words. I'm currently most of the way through doing Tolka, and plan on working on the Brandywell next, if anyone knows a good spot that I can use to search for some reference photos that would be brilliant!

Great pics of tolka and dalymount. Years since I was in both but it's depressing and embarrassing how run down they've become.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply.

I guess a drawing of the epic Feyenoord stadium is out of the question then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

il_570xN.1274528363_cnp8.jpg

All finished!

Quality

Thats the Tolka I remember from years ago :(

Thanks for the reply.

I guess a drawing of the epic Feyenoord stadium is out of the question then.

I do commissions :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Any plans on visiting the RSC in Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

These are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Anyone see the clip on RTÉ of the upcoming Johnny Giles program. In it there's a photo taken at dalymount in its heyday, and hoarding with the slogan
    'Dalymount Park, the home of football' (Oriel claim that now)

I have happy memories of dalymount, 3 Jim McLoughlin cup wins in 1977 - 1979 - 1981.

A cold Stephens day 5 -2 Leinster senior cup in over Rovers

And Ireland stuffing Russia 3 - 0 in a EC qualifier. Don Givens hat trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Got my Tolka Park in the post this morning. Great quality and can't wait to frame it.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Got my Tolka Park in the post this morning. Great quality and can't wait to frame it.

Cheers Dan :)

In other news, I've just finished a couple others!

il_570xN.1233920406_m1ne.jpg

il_570xN.1233899018_prnv.jpg

il_570xN.1230804990_6ymn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Just saw this now...no idea how I missed it before. Colleague at work, birthday coming up, mad Juve fan, your site = jackpot.

Serious talent.

Just saw this now...no idea how I missed it before. Colleague at work, birthday coming up, mad Juve fan, your site = jackpot.

Serious talent.
    Thanks, glad you like my stuff, the odd jolt of encouragement helps on the days where there isn't an iota of inspiration and work ethic in me!

Here's another couple of grounds, Cobh and UCD!

il_fullxfull.1240808312_bbjw.jpg

il_fullxfull.1240805624_qtse.jpg

United Park, that's all of the PD grounds finished now methinks :)

il_fullxfull.1243788452_6tg4.jpg

Been a while since I shared anything here, but I've been working on a bunch of new stuff :)

DOwTLrSX4AAbPPs.jpg

DOnQ1b5WAAA5Ab8.jpg

DORhIpoX4AIETSP.jpg

DORhhBdW0AAPSbw.jpg

DORjBX_WsAE191l.jpg

DORjPJxX4AMIoX-.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

I'd love to see one of the San Siro and one of Javier Zanetti if you ever fancied doing them.

FCIM wrote: »
    I'd love to see one of the San Siro and one of Javier Zanetti if you ever fancied doing them.

This is the best I have done currently, close enough? :pac:

DMM76n8XkAEmYzr.jpg

il_570xN.1116624834_r4ho.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

DMM76n8XkAEmYzr.jpg

This is excellent.. isn’t that the match that Dida got hit with the flare...was mental

astradave wrote: »
    This is excellent.. isn’t that the match that Dida got hit with the flare...was mental

Cheers, it was indeed! Those matches often throw up the most bizarre incidents. If it's not flares it's pig heads :pac:

I made that for The Final Third podcast last year, as a competition prize. They made a series of podcasts throughout a month covering only Italian football.

I'm not affiliated with the lads, but their work might interest some of you, so may as well leave a link to their site while I'm here

http://www.thefinalthirdpodcast.net/about.html

This is the best I have done currently, close enough? :pac:

DMM76n8XkAEmYzr.jpg

il_570xN.1116624834_r4ho.jpg

They're very good. The one of Matrix and Rui Costa is a great view of a different angle on an iconic photo. I like the way you chose a picture of Pupi showing how much Inter means to him by him clasping the badge.

Cheers, it was indeed! Those matches often throw up the most bizarre incidents. If it's not flares it's pig heads :pac:

I made that for The Final Third podcast last year, as a competition prize. They made a series of podcasts throughout a month covering only Italian football.

I'm not affiliated with the lads, but their work might interest some of you, so may as well leave a link to their site while I'm here

http://www.thefinalthirdpodcast.net/about.html

I wish I had been aware so I could enter. I can't remember a pig's head at a derby della Madonnina. I can remember a scooter with a Bergamo numberplate being stolen and thrown down from the Curva against Atalanta. In fact I have a distinct memory as I was close to where it was thrown from. The strange thing about the derby with the flares thrown at Dida is the derby is actually an incredibly friendly one with both sets of supporters travelling together, drinking together before and after and sitting with each other everywhere bar the Curve.

They're very good. The one of Matrix and Rui Costa is a great view of a different angle on an iconic photo. I like the way you chose a picture of Pupi showing how much Inter means to him by him clasping the badge.

Thank you, I love hearing feedback, it's cool to hear what others think and see in something I've made :)
    I wish I had been aware so I could enter. I can't remember a pig's head at a derby della Madonnina. I can remember a scooter with a Bergamo numberplate being stolen and thrown down from the Curva against Atalanta. In fact I have a distinct memory as I was close to where it was thrown from. The strange thing about the derby with the flares thrown at Dida is the derby is actually an incredibly friendly one with both sets of supporters travelling together, drinking together before and after and sitting with each other everywhere bar the Curve.

I've not been myself, yet. I have a couple Serie A derbys I want to experience, on my bucket list :pac:

• Advertisement

Thank you, I love hearing feedback, it's cool to hear what others think and see in something I've made :)

I've not been myself, yet. I have a couple Serie A derbys I want to experience, on my bucket list :pac:

I've been to Inter v Milan and Inter v Juve (as well as Inter v a lot of other teams) a number of times so I've been to our two derbies. I'd like to go to Roma v Lazio and I'd be interested in going to Atalanta v Brescia if and when they play at the same level again. I've been to a Merseyside derby and Everton v Manchester United and in the UK the only other one I'd like to go to is Celtic v Rangers. I'd be curious to see Sparta Prague v Slavia Prague by virtue of having a soft spot for Sparta and maybe PSG v Marseille for same reason as per PSG. I'd like to see Boca Juniors v River Plate but I doubt I ever will as it's so far away and maybe Galatasaray v Fenerbahce but again I doubt I will as I've been to Turkey and though I did like it, once was enough. Maybe also Raja Casablanca v Wydad Casablanca as the atmosphere looks insane.

One match missing from that list.....

One match missing from that list.....

The midlands el clasico, Longford v Athlone? :pac:

Exactly.

You two and your highfalluting Midlands Classico. Woolpack Wanderers v Garrison Gunners. That's the one!

Advertisement