Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any help or advice will be appreciated

Options
  • 21-06-2017 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I have an unfamiliar situation as I have been dismissed from my job after 3 months. I made the mistake of confiding in someone I trusted another manager about a meeting I had with our superior. I had a bad feeing in the weeks after the meeting that my manager was unhapipy with me as her attitude towards me had changed after I had challenged her about the lack of training and constructive feed back I was reciving in my role and she got very defensive about this.

I discussed this with the 3rd party which this then got back and resulted in my being called to my managers office and asked was I happy when I tried to discuss again I was told this isn't working out and it's best I leave. I was told I breached confidentiality. My letter says that I breached my contract but I am aware that a beach of confidentiality is gross misconduct this is really worrying me how this will effect future prospects in my career.

Up until this point in my life I have never experienced anything like this and have an excellent work history.

My 2 concerns are putting that job on my CV as I live in a small county everyone knows everyone. Also if I do not put it on my P45 will say I worked there.

Is there anything I can do to overcome this?

I have applied for job which I think I have a good chance of getting and do not what this messing up my chances

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I have an unfamiliar situation as I have been dismissed from my job after 3 months. I made the mistake of confiding in someone I trusted another manager about a meeting I had with our superior. I had a bad feeing in the weeks after the meeting that my manager was unhapipy with me as her attitude towards me had changed after I had challenged her about the lack of training and constructive feed back I was reciving in my role and she got very defensive about this.

I discussed this with the 3rd party which this then got back and resulted in my being called to my managers office and asked was I happy when I tried to discuss again I was told this isn't working out and it's best I leave. I was told I breached confidentiality. My letter says that I breached my contract but I am aware that a beach of confidentiality is gross misconduct this is really worrying me how this will effect future prospects in my career.

Up until this point in my life I have never experienced anything like this and have an excellent work history.

My 2 concerns are putting that job on my CV as I live in a small county everyone knows everyone. Also if I do not put it on my P45 will say I worked there.

Is there anything I can do to overcome this?

I have applied for job which I think I have a good chance of getting and do not what this messing up my chances

This isn't related to the Kerry forum. I see you have already posted it in the Work forum, so closing thread. MOD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement