Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crackling set top box

Options
  • 21-06-2017 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

This has a grill on the top of it, so gets all the dust, and there is plenty of dust
    in our house as we live beside a busy road.

It started crackling a while ago and now wont turn on. I'm putting it down to
    the dust getting into it.

Does that makes sense, and any possibility a good cleaning (if its possible to open it) might get it going again?

I could blow dust into it but would rather open it and do the job properly if its worth doing.

NGQ2ZjdiNjExZWEwNjVhNjBhNjI5NmM5ZDVlMDA1OTCBY-WTjK7N-7ZpEpjn3_UzaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOTY5OWNlMWI4MTBiMTMwNzA0NTNmZjQ4YmM3ZDliN2NkMjAzNDYzMDM2Mjg5NGQ0OTAyZjUzYzI5ODM5MWJkYy5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If you want open it up but can you now trust it as a fire risk would be very high.

These things burn out and quite possible the board has blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

If you want open it up but can you now trust it as a fire risk would be very high.

These things burn out and quite possible the board has blown.

Yeah have to agree with you, but I suppose dust could have caused it to over heat and burn it out b4 it's use by date.

thanks for reply, in the bin it's going:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭BlinkingLights

Unfortunately, there often isn't very much that's user-serviceable inside. Most of those boxes are designed to be disposed of if they go wrong and replaced.

Advertisement