Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viking lawnmower what are they like?A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's the engine that matters here. B&S should be good. Look at self propelled unless your garden is small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭cianoc07

sorry wrong link fixed there. This viking lawnmower has a VIKING EVC 200 engine

https://www.douglasforestandgarden.i...b-248-18-push/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I have Viking but it is a ride on. Rarely used but brother has exact same model and he has used non-stop for 2 years with no issues....

Viking is actually Stihl and Stihl are the best quality out there. They are expensive for tools but the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭cianoc07

I read they were made by stihl..my only worry is the engine. Cant find much reviews on them, but if your brother has it with 2 years and no problems must be okay

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Bishopsback

cianoc07 wrote: »
    sorry wrong link fixed there. This viking lawnmower has a VIKING EVC 200 engine

https://www.douglasforestandgarden.i...b-248-18-push/
    My advice, have some experience with fixing these.
    Don't buy one unless it has a Briggs and Stratton engine. Mainly because they are virtually indestructible, and parts are very easy to get, virtually any lawnmower service man will have or be able to get parts easily.
    Vikings own engine will be cheaper to buy though, but you will probably have to go to a viking dealer or service agent to even just service the machine. Briggs and Stratton are the best. Most lawnmower manufacturers use them as their preferred engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We run maybe maybe 60 mowers and various similar equipment.

Briggs & Stratton or Honda engines are your only safe bet, when serviced and not abused they have decades of life in them.
    The brand after that is just fiddly stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

cianoc07 wrote: »
    I read they were made by stihl..my only worry is the engine. Cant find much reviews on them, but if your brother has it with 2 years and no problems must be okay

Briggs and Stratton is engine in my viking.....

Advertisement