Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Form 1b

• 21-06-2017 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

I need to complete form 1B Declaration of service and have it signed by a Peace Commissioner and end a court doc via registered post.

I have found and downloaded the form, however it is a complete mess of words and add here delete there?

The spaces left for details are so small I am shocked and intrigued at how the court service expect the form to be completed correctly and readable.

Surely there is a easier form?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BlueLass

I need to complete form 1B Declaration of service and have it signed by a Peace Commissioner and end a court doc via registered post.

I have found and downloaded the form, however it is a complete mess of words and add here delete there?

The spaces left for details are so small I am shocked and intrigued at how the court service expect the form to be completed correctly and readable.

Surely there is a easier form?

Is it not possible to edit the form and complete on Word then print off a copy to be signed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

BlueLass wrote: »
    Is it not possible to edit the form and complete on Word then print off a copy to be signed?

I have done. I have entered what I can , however I am just confused over some of the wording. It asks for the location of either myself or the peace commissioner and the post office. When reading it is hard to know if the paragraph is reference to me or the person witnessing the form.

See here

http://courts.ie/rules.nsf/0f9632235a96242e80256d2b0045bb5c/f8a4ac103cbe937c802575a0004ae9ec?OpenDocument

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BlueLass

Its certainly not the most user friendly form available - then again, the entire courts service website is very unfriendly, needs a complete overhaul!!

Ok, if using reg post by an post only complete the first paragraph stating it was posted at e.g Dublin post office, strike through or delete if editing in Word the paragraph applicable to using a courier service. Make sure to attach your cert of postage to the declaration. Then sign and date in front of the peace commissioner and they will complete the part applicable to them - ie if they know you personally or if not what proof you supplied etc. It is relatively straightforward but the form design is woeful!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

BlueLass wrote: »
    Its certainly not the most user friendly form available - then again, the entire courts service website is very unfriendly, needs a complete overhaul!!

Ok, if using reg post by an post only complete the first paragraph stating it was posted at e.g Dublin post office, strike through or delete if editing in Word the paragraph applicable to using a courier service. Make sure to attach your cert of postage to the declaration. Then sign and date in front of the peace commissioner and they will complete the part applicable to them - ie if they know you personally or if not what proof you supplied etc. It is relatively straightforward but the form design is woeful!!

Perfect, thank you very much!

I agree.....I'm training to be a pilot and have no issues with flight exams etc but these court forms are ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

That seems to be the statutory instrument specifying what the form should contain. Original here: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2014/si/276/made/en/print

They probably have a much nicer, better spaced form, pre-printed for people to use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement