Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice on how I would become a secondary school teacher.

Options
  • 21-06-2017 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

Was just wondering, I have always been very passionate about becoming a PE teacher, it would be a dream come true, I did not get enough LC points to do a teaching course but I have a degree in Recreation & Leisure Mgmt. I was hoping for some advice on what to do, would I have to start from scratch or is there a way to shorten the journey using my current degree.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

MW1234 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Was just wondering, I have always been very passionate about becoming a PE teacher, it would be a dream come true, I did not get enough LC points to do a teaching course but I have a degree in Recreation & Leisure Mgmt. I was hoping for some advice on what to do, would I have to start from scratch or is there a way to shorten the journey using my current degree.

Any help is appreciated.

That's a difficult question to answer. Obviously you would have to do a substantial amount of education modules. The body with all of the answers is the Teaching Council of Ireland. They will assess your qualification (for a fee)and tell you exactly what you will have to do. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

PE is very over subscribed at present so make sure u choose your second subject carefully. Don't become just a PE teacher as no one will even think about hiring you.i don't think you can get late entry into a course but u could get in as a mature student based on age and current quals

Advertisement