Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs etc open for Lions tests

Options
  • 22-06-2017 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to point me in the direction of a pub/hotel bar/cafe that will have the Lions games on in the morning, for this Saturday and Saturday week? Anywhere in the Sligo town area?

Thanks in advance,
    Mona

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to point me in the direction of a pub/hotel bar/cafe that will have the Lions games on in the morning, for this Saturday and Saturday week? Anywhere in the Sligo town area?

Thanks in advance,
    Mona

a pub open at 8.30 in the morning in ireland?? where are you from

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

No I don't mean serving drink even. There will be a few pubs open in Dublin, not just early houses.http://publin.ie/2017/here-are-the-pubs-opening-for-lions-matches/ I won't have access to Sky Sports so if there was somewhere I could watch them that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Duggie2012 wrote: »
    a pub open at 8.30 in the morning in ireland?? where are you from

Exactly! They would have only been closed for an hour or two :D

id say most people in sligo don't even know the lions tour is even on.

Radio it is so :) if anyone thinks of somewhere I'd appreciate the tip, thanks!

• Advertisement

im sure if you go into any of the hotels in sligo and ask them to put it on they will. prob some of the guests having breakfast might have already asked them.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Glasshouse will have it as a fundraiser for Sligo RFC on a huge screen. €15 admisson which includes breakfast and support for a local club.

That's perfect malmedicine, thanks for that! Had a quick scan on Facebook, is it just for this week's game?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭warriorpoet

Had a text from the Club about Saturday - texted back to see if they gonna do same for the other tests - not decided yet but if Saturday goes well they likely will.

Fantastic, really appreciate that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Fantastic, really appreciate that!!

BTW its 1st come 1st served just to be aware

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭warriorpoet

Don't think they expecting it to be 'sold out', but worth being a little early to get a good seat! :-) Should be a good atmosphere even at that hour - I know there are gonna be a couple of Kiwi's in attendance!

Think I'll struggle outta bed 2 mins before kickoff and watch at home this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 EireGrif

Anyone found any pubs open last 2 tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Try Foleys

Advertisement