Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holiday for single parents

• 22-06-2017 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there, I'm a single dad. My child is being brought on holidays by him mam. I had requested to take my child on holidays but I've been told that this will not happen as my child is not getting two holidays. The original arrangement was every second year. It was my year to go on holidays. I just got word as to when they are going on holidays but can't get an answer as to when they will return or where they are going. I don't suspect they will not return. The reason for no replies is that i will not pay for their holiday which is what my kid mam wants. I have all court orders in relation to maintenance and access and guardianship. All have been been followed. I am unmarried if that is of importance. My child has told me that that mam has said to them that they will never be able to holiday with me.
    I gave my child some money for his holidays.
    Can anyone advise me as to a fathers rights. I really wanted to take my child on holidays as last year mam took them on holidays and the previous year I went on holidays with my child.
    Can a father not know when, where and for how long their child is going abroad on holidays?
    Many thanks for any advise.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

What was the advice given in the previous threads/thread re: access to your children and holidays? Did you follow it?

Can you revisit your custody agreement to get things more formal?.... as the current arrangement clearly isn't working.

Advertisement