Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House cleaning after closing sale

Options
  • 22-06-2017 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi All

Just wondering if anybody had recommendations for a company that does house cleaning? We're (hopefully!) closing on our house in a few weeks and were thinking it might be well worth a few euro to have somebody come in and give it a full top to toe clean with shampooing carpets and cleaning out oven etc

I know from googling that there's a few companies out there but would really appreciate if anybody had any specific recommendations-feel free to PM if don't want to post

Thanks

CF

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Do you think you need to? Presumably the house was bought after viewing so the purchasers know the condition, and the likelihood is they'll change carpets anyway.

Why not just give it a good hoovering and mopping yourselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭chocfan

Sorry-I might not have been that clear!

We're the purchasers, not the vendors :)

And overall, it's in pretty good shape but I imagine (like any house), it'll all look a bit grubby once the furniture etc is taken out and having it cleaned up might make it feel more like ours from the start.

We'll probably change carpets etc down the line but won't realistically have the cash to do straight away so figured at least having them cleaned would be something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ah, thought you were the vendor! In that case I've no idea, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

You don't mention what area you're in... that'll help with reccommendations :p

That is an excellent point Scraggs! :)

We're in south side of Dublin city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

Sorry no specific recommendation. I think it's a good idea though. I moved two years ago & our vendor left the house really dirty with dog hairs absolutely everywhere. It's not nice cleaning after someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cupcake queen

We got the same thing done when we moved into our house a few weeks back. We're in Dublin too. The vendors hadn't so much as swept the floors let alone done the cooker, oven etc and the place needed a really good going over. We used a company called eco clean solutions and I was happy with the job they did. They did a lot of sanitizing/disinfecting too which I thought was good. And they dropped the price a bit when they heard we hadn't any furniture in yet which I thought was fair.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Google 'Deep Cleaning South Dublin'
    There are numerous professional companies there who will come in and do a very good job.

I'd also suggest getting a professional painter in for a few days after the deep clean- before you move furniture in- its an opportunity to paint that you may not get again for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 TK1

<snip>

Not sure if you used someone already yet, but I used agency above and found them brilliant. im in Dublin 8. They came at 10.30, left at 2.15 and cleaned/polished and cleaned cooker from top to bottom. they charged 240. highly recommend them.

Mod note:

Recommendations by PM only please

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

Cleaning is all part of the fun of moving into a new home. you'll get to know every inch of it while doing the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 legra

Im also interested in this. I know many of you say we should clean it ourselves ( including my OH) however, we will have to scrub the house we are currently living in before leaving and are painting the new house ourselves from top to bottom. I'm just thinking time wise it might be better to get someone in and I'm also thinking a deep clean would be very necessary. House, although in very good condition, has been rented for many years. Maybe it's just a waste of money though.?

Zenify wrote: »
    Cleaning is all part of the fun of moving into a new home. you'll get to know every inch of it while doing the job.

I just don't think cleaning the house that other people have lived in would be my idea of fun to be honest!
    I'm sure there's plenty of ways of learning every inch of the house that don't involve picking other people's hair balls out of the shower and cleaning out the oven that they've cooked in

legra wrote: »
    Im also interested in this. I know many of you say we should clean it ourselves ( including my OH) however, we will have to scrub the house we are currently living in before leaving and are painting the new house ourselves from top to bottom. I'm just thinking time wise it might be better to get someone in and I'm also thinking a deep clean would be very necessary. House, although in very good condition, has been rented for many years. Maybe it's just a waste of money though.?

We've decided it's worth giving it a go anyway Legra-we're moving next week and have the cleaners booked for the day after we get the keys. If you're in Dublin and interested, I can let you know how it goes with the firm that we've decided to use

• Registered Users Posts: 7 legra

chocfan wrote: »
    We've decided it's worth giving it a go anyway Legra-we're moving next week and have the cleaners booked for the day after we get the keys. If you're in Dublin and interested, I can let you know how it goes with the firm that we've decided to use

Oh lovely, that's great to hear. Congrats on the move. We are still waiting for our closing date. Unfortunately we aren't in Dublin but I would be interested to see how it goes. I completely agree with you, cleaning up after other people doesn't appeal to me, especially after cleaning the house we are renting, I'd much prefer to start painting and unpacking in our new house.

Advertisement