Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union loan

• 22-06-2017 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I would have had a bad credit rating from my student days, had a loan which was passed onto a debt collector, this is 4 years ago so next year i'm anticipating it will be gone from my record & will be aiming to get a mortgage not long after.
    In order to boost my credit rating i've taken out 2 credit union loans in the last 2 years, one of €1,000 which i repaid in full and on time and subsequently a loan of €6,000 which i'm repaying over 2 years. I'm on a healthy salary and in a good career so repaying these loans is no problem however last month I transferred €1,000 euro into my sub account at the credit union to cover the forthcoming loan payments. I rang them a number of weeks later just to confirm they had received the funds and that the loan payment for that month had been taken from my sub account, it had not, i told them to pay it immediately, however this was nearly 3 weeks after my payment was due. My question is, is this going to show up on my credit rating as a missed payment?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Hi all,

I would have had a bad credit rating from my student days, had a loan which was passed onto a debt collector, this is 4 years ago so next year i'm anticipating it will be gone from my record & will be aiming to get a mortgage not long after.
    In order to boost my credit rating i've taken out 2 credit union loans in the last 2 years, one of €1,000 which i repaid in full and on time and subsequently a loan of €6,000 which i'm repaying over 2 years. I'm on a healthy salary and in a good career so repaying these loans is no problem however last month I transferred €1,000 euro into my sub account at the credit union to cover the forthcoming loan payments. I rang them a number of weeks later just to confirm they had received the funds and that the loan payment for that month had been taken from my sub account, it had not, i told them to pay it immediately, however this was nearly 3 weeks after my payment was due. My question is, is this going to show up on my credit rating as a missed payment?

Depends on the credit union but my one only reports a missed payment if your more than 4 weeks in arrears, you'd best off clarifying with the credit union. Your loan that was past on to debt collector, are you still hearing from them, was it 4 years ago it was passed over?

Advertisement