Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Scan-Galway

Options
  • 22-06-2017 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations? I am 15 weeks and want to get one done at 16 weeks for a little reassurance. Only stopped hormones (progesterone) at 13 weeks so want to make sure all is ok since then.

Rang the place in Tirellan Heights and they said they dont deal with pregnancies resulting from fertility treatment! I just want to them check for a heartbeat and that all is measuring ok.

Have rang the one in Oranmore but had to leave a message so will see what they say.

Is it just me or is it a little bizarre for them to say that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hi Lashes, congrats to you were about the same :) are you getting worried like nothing is happening...I was just going to say the one in Oranmore, I havent gone but looking around they seemed to be one of the best of places on offer... The doctor has said to me to about this place..

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lashes, have you had your maternity scan yet? when's your appointment? You might be able to book something in UHG if you ring them.

I can only assume that it's because they only have expertise in scans up to a certain number of weeks and after that it becomes ante-natal care rather than early pregnancy and the skillset required is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Not worried - just want reassurance really. The more scans the better!

They rang me back and said it was fine so I am booked in next Friday.

No Neyite, they do all types of scans up to 36 weeks. They said we should be able to tell the gender next week but we havent decided if we want to know or not.

Yes had my 12 weeks scan but then stopped the hormones at 13 weeks so its just to be sure all is still ok. I doubt the maternity dept would give me another scan for no reason?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Great news lashes! best of luck with it now.. Let me know how it goes, was very tempted to book one outselves as I really want to know what we are having and out next scan isnt until the end of the July...

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

lashes34 wrote: »
    Not worried - just want reassurance really. The more scans the better!

They rang me back and said it was fine so I am booked in next Friday.

No Neyite, they do all types of scans up to 36 weeks. They said we should be able to tell the gender next week but we havent decided if we want to know or not.

Yes had my 12 weeks scan but then stopped the hormones at 13 weeks so its just to be sure all is still ok. I doubt the maternity dept would give me another scan for no reason?!

I know what you mean - if I could have gotten a scan every week I would have. I think at 13 weeks though I got a good doppler so that helped with the nerves and wondering if all was ok in there after that until the point where I could feel movement for myself.

Glad you got a call back and an appointment :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement