Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwhelmed, what do I start? Limited time etc

Options
  • 22-06-2017 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

I've got to a point where I've gotten rid of a LOT of my older systems and games and sticking with ps3/4/VR, xbone/OGXbox, dreamcast, Switch and WiiU for now. Excluding all my handhelds.

But I'm now looking at the games I have bought since, say, Nov last year, most still sealed and no idea what to start. Time is a balls, work and life take it up. But when I do eventually sit down and turn a system on (usually a big update pending) I spend more time picking a game than playing, then it's too late and need to sleep.

What way do you guys allocate time and chose a game to start and hopefully finish if you like it?

I started Zelda when it came out, loved it, but it's so open that it feels like it'll never end (even though I know you can end it pretty quick if you want) so I stopped playing by April and never went back.

Since then I've put a stop to buying games, so just to tackle what I have for now.

I also feel like I might be done with gaming and pack it all in bit I know that would be stupid cause I'd just buy everything back when I miss them.

I might pack away my ps3, dreamcast and og xbox, that would cut the visual daunt in half I think.

Any advice from you gone folk on getting through your backlog I guess is what I'm asking, when life takes over.

(Sorry for the ramblings above, hope it makes sense)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

When you start seeing games as a chore, or task 'to get through' you need to stop playing games. They have no longer become fun for you. Take a break from games for a while, watch some TV shows/movies, enjoy the nice weather we are having, or read that book you have been meaning to read for some time now.

Then go back and pick up and play whatever you feel like playing. Don't think about the backlog, just play the game in front of you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Everyone goes through game fatigue at some point. Few things I've done recently.

Stop buying new games just for the sake of it. Make a rule if you buy a game you play it through (or to boredom) before buying another one. If you are playing a game right now, don't buy anything new.

Find shorter games, a 4-6 hour campaign can be cleared in a week or two, and gets you back into the flow. Once you start clearing the backlog you feel better about it.

Try stick to 1-2 games. One single player story game and one multiplayer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Yeah I have found myself out in the sun the past two weeks, this week I've been working in my garden, sanding and varnishing a table we have that was falling apart, and out and about.

I guess when I get in I just see all the systems and games and feel I should be getting through them or it's a waste of money.

Last game I finished was Lego city on the switch, adored it, so thought maybe give gta5 a go lol, hated it.

Shorter games I have would be a good idea for the summer time, I heard Little nightmares is great but short like 3hours or so, might start with that.

Advertisement