Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leather Note book

• 22-06-2017 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys
    Anyone know where I good get a good leather covered note book for myself, i need it for a diary

Also i know you can get personalised ones but as its for myself not sure if I'd bother with a personalised on i guess that be more of a present for someone,
    any thought would be great  ,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭thegolfer

Hey guys
    Anyone know where I good get a good leather covered note book for myself, i need it for a diary

Also i know you can get personalised ones but as its for myself not sure if I'd bother with a personalised on i guess that be more of a present for someone,
    any thought would be great  ,

I use the moleskine for journalism, and keeping notes from meetings and find it great. Paper is quality and feels good to write on. Though not leather they are durable and do last. Standard price is about 20, and if writing daily will hold up to abuse.

Also have a Leuchtturm which I have yet to try, but looks similar to the moleskine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

In an A6 notebook, write across two pages instead of one. You then have an A5 page of notes. Photocopy 2 of these (top and bottom) and you have A4.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭source

Saw the title and immediately thought moleskine, fantastic notebooks as the others have said.

What size are you looking for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I'm looking for A6 I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Another + 1 for moleskin, I have A6 and A5. The A6 is more of a pocket ish size and handy to carry around but I much prefer the A5 for meetings, I got both of them on amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I got a "traveller's notebook" from my sister before heading off backpacking, and really enjoyed using it. Basically just a thick sheet of leather with elastic in the spine to hold notebooks, and an elastic on the back to keep it closed. I have the passport size, which might be too small for daily life, but was great to keep in my pocket out and about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

thegolfer wrote: »
    I use the moleskine for journalism, and keeping notes from meetings and find it great. Paper is quality and feels good to write on. Though not leather they are durable and do last. Standard price is about 20, and if writing daily will hold up to abuse.

Also have a Leuchtturm which I have yet to try, but looks similar to the moleskine.

Where did you get the Leuchtturm? They are not too easy to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭thegolfer

keane2097 wrote: »
    Where did you get the Leuchtturm? They are not too easy to find.

Was in TK maxx wandering one day, picked them up. Sometimes get lucky, can be half price, but very random.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

thegolfer wrote: »
    Was in TK maxx wandering one day, picked them up. Sometimes get lucky, can be half price, but very random.

Thanks I'll give that a try

• Advertisement
Advertisement