Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Visa Debit online purchase limit lowered?

Options
  • 22-06-2017 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I want to buy a new macbook online which is around ~3000 euros. I tried to make the payment, entered the password but the transaction did not went through. I have made big transactions in December near Christmas (big also) and I don't recall to be a limit for this. As I know, I can use as much as I have available on my account. I have enough money on my account, so this this is not the case. Also, I have used this site in the past, so I think not the retailer is the problem.

Any ideas??

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

tanya0885 wrote: »
    Hello,

I want to buy a new macbook online which is around ~3000 euros. I tried to make the payment, entered the password but the transaction did not went through. I have made big transactions in December near Christmas (big also) and I don't recall to be a limit for this. As I know, I can use as much as I have available on my account. I have enough money on my account, so this this is not the case. Also, I have used this site in the past, so I think not the retailer is the problem.

Any ideas??

Thanks.
    Hi tanya0885,

Thank you for the post.

There is no limit set for your card while using it online.

We would recommend checking your online banking first to make sure the payment didn't go through before you try to make another.

Are you getting any error message when you are putting the payment through?

Thanks

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tanya0885

It was an error message indeed. I can't remember it. I have enough money so when I saw that the payment didn't work, I started wandering if there is any limit even though in the past I had no issues at all.

I will buy from somewhere else. Maybe it's the website.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

tanya0885 wrote: »
    It was an error message indeed. I can't remember it. I have enough money so when I saw that the payment didn't work, I started wandering if there is any limit even though in the past I had no issues at all.

I will buy from somewhere else. Maybe it's the website.

Thank you.
    Hi Tanya,

If its an error message from the company it more than likely their website, maybe try later increase its just the amount of traffic on the website.

Contact us if you have any issues with other websites as an advisor can look at the card just to make sure there are no flags or blocks on it. 

Have a good day.

Thanks

Kareana

Advertisement