Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ncb mirroring?

Options
  • 22-06-2017 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

I've just renewed my car policy but need a van for work too . I had my ncb mirrored by a company doing commercial insurance about 4 years ago when I had both last. Has any done it recently and know of companies that mirror Ncb. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Is it a new van to you or still the one you had before?
    What occup use have you for van?
    How many earned years NCB do you have?
    Are they other drivers young being added ?

These questions are required to check if mirror NCB applicable

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

New to me.
    I'm a plumber and I've 9 years (that's what the last one came back with I think, in reality it's about 15+)

No additional drivers.

Contact ur local AXA office., upto 3 pp ok

You need a live NCB from own insurer proving no accidents in last 4yrs of car insurance in ur name on your private car.

At renewal next year it'll state 1yr earned NCB and then anticipated percentage for the mirror scale

If you nove the private car to axa by your next renewal you'll get a 2nd discount as 2nd policy rate.

PM if needed or having issues

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

Sorry for hijacking thread but I'm in the same boat just the other way around. Currently have a van insured and will be changing it for another van and buying a car. I'm 25 and have had commercial insurance the last 7 or 8 years. My no claims shows either stage 5 or 5* which I think is full ? What are my options and any company's yous could recommend. Thanks

Use the NCB on existing van to cover the car and get the car insurer to check if mirror NCB option available as a bundle deal...

Can't mirror NCB from van to car as easy

• Advertisement
Advertisement