Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exact Limitation of Contactless Payments

Options
  • 22-06-2017 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I cannot find any concrete information regarding the consecutive number of contactless transactions permitted using my BOI Visa Debit card.

I use contactless due to convenience and because the transactions fees are cheaper than entering your pin (I believe 1c v 10c if I'm correct).

The issue I have is many times I go to use contactless it is refused and I have to perform some sort of ship and pin transaction to be able to use contactless again.

Can you outline these exact limitations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

There is a random element I believe, as well as a maximum. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

techdiver wrote: »
    Hi,

I cannot find any concrete information regarding the consecutive number of contactless transactions permitted using my BOI Visa Debit card.

I use contactless due to convenience and because the transactions fees are cheaper than entering your pin (I believe 1c v 10c if I'm correct).

The issue I have is many times I go to use contactless it is refused and I have to perform some sort of ship and pin transaction to be able to use contactless again.

Hi techdiver

Thanks for your post.

Due to security reasons the amount of times you can use the contactless method per day would vary.

Yes that is correct it is a cheaper method of paying than using the chip and pin and a good way to reduce your quarterly fees.

Features and information regarding contactless cards can be found here.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

techdiver wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi techdiver

Thanks for your post.

Due to security reasons the amount of times you can use the contactless method per day would vary.

Yes that is correct it is a cheaper method of paying than using the chip and pin and a good way to reduce your quarterly fees.

Features and information regarding contactless cards can be found here.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Kareana
    Typical..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

:) I was interested in looking too

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/current-accounts/contactless/about-contactless/

The poster above added in a extra http by accidet....heres the webage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement