Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best iOS ad blocker?

Options
  • 22-06-2017 1:45pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I currently use Purify but after a recent experience in which a certain website nearly roasted my phone with whatever crap it was loading I'm on the look out for alternatives. I used to use 1Blocker but I see full unblocking is an in-app purchase now.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

I currently use Purify but after a recent experience in which a certain website nearly roasted my phone with whatever crap it was loading I'm on the look out for alternatives. I used to use 1Blocker but I see full unblocking is an in-app purchase now.

Any recommendations?

Pay for 1Blocker?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    Pay for 1Blocker?

Sure, but if there's a better alternative I'd rather pay for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

crystal is very good i found and its free i think

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Crystal is €1 afair.

There are a number of free with 1-off purchase options like 1-ad, purify, disconnect etc. The free does one function while the purchase does all.
    You could have multiple free ones running doing one task each e.g. one for adblock, one for trackers, one for scripts.

You can switch browser - I use Firefox Focus but lately have grown to like Brave.

Or just pay for the adblocker: I would suggest Betterbyind.ie. It is relatively pricey but I think they are involved with uBlock Origin which is the best adblocker bar none at the moment for pc/android.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Adguard pro is the best system wide blocker ( including Most apps). Using from long time and very happy with it!

More info on all type of blockers.
    https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/the-ios-9-content-blocker-thread.1916783/

• Advertisement
Advertisement