Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone photo backup options

Options
  • 22-06-2017 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Hi, usual low storage space problem caused by photos.

Downloaded google photos app to help problem, and also have photos stored in cloud (i.e when you click on a pic to send it will take a few seconds for it to download from the cloud).

Here is my question, how can i store all my old photos, eg pre 2017 pics online and only have 2017 pics in the iphone photos app in phone?

Problem I run into is that when i delete a pic from iphone photos app it also deletes on the google photos app, which is not what i want.

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

This isn't exactly what you are asking for but I would recommend iCloud Photo Library with optimise iPhone storage enabled. Full resolution copies will be stored in the cloud, while your phone will store as many as space allows. When it runs low on space it will replace them with low resolution copies and download the full one as needed. You will have to pay for storage, which depending on the size of your library might only cost you 99c a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Yes already have this done, I wasn't very good at explaining it. Still have storage place problems, plus want to avoid having to wait for full resolution photos to download from the cloud when I want to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

I use FLICKR.
    you can access it from app on your phone. Stores everything by date and you can create albums if you prefer to file that way.
    Have it set to automatically upload everything so i can delete photos every other week or so if needs be.

Its free.

Only one thing i'd say against is that it's not 100% reliable on the videos so i'd usually have to check they've uploaded before i'd delta them off the phone.

It's brilliant app tho.

Advertisement