Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung s7 lost in Galway since 17th of June

Options
  • 22-06-2017 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

I was in Galway for a night and unfortunately I lost my phone in either Roisin Dubh or Seven Bright street...fairly sure it was Roisin Dubh.

I used google to try and lock it, I blacklisted it so no one can use it as a phone anyway.

If you know anyone that's come across a Samsung s7 please let me know as I'm paying a hefty bill for that for the next 20 months (I know, I should have gotten insurance).

There's a hefty reward for finding it, it's black with a black case.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try ringing Mill street Gardai station and see if someone left it there
    http://www.garda.ie/Stations/Default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Discodrisco

Unfortunately they didn't have it, so hopefully the person isn't going to keep it whoever has it, and intends on dropping it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

biko wrote: »
    Try ringing Mill street Gardai station and see if someone left it there
    http://www.garda.ie/Stations/Default.aspx

I had an S7 slip out of my pocket in a taxi last year and only realised when the taxi was gone. Checked Mill Street over a couple of days and apparently not a single mobile phone had been handed in in Galyway City that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

You mentioned Google, i assume you checked on android.com/find?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe none was lost that week. Just because it didn't happen to you this one time doesn't mean it won't work for OP.

My friend got hers back after leaving it in a taxi. The Mill street guard was a friend of a friend and recognised the background photo she has on the phone and rang her sister.

I hope all the info/pics on the phone was backed up to the cloud OP so nothing precious was lost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

biko wrote: »
    Maybe none was lost that week.
    No mobile phones lost in Galway City in a week?
    Hopefully the OP has better luck, just pointing out that not many phones make their way to Mill Street.

Advertisement