Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Sony password email

Options
  • 22-06-2017 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

I logged into my email a few minutes ago and saw 3 emails from Sony advising that my password has been successfully changed :confused:
    I haven't changed any passwords with the PS4, moreover... I'm at work when I got this email.
    I checked the email address and it seems to be a legit address but I'm skeptical clicking the link which says I did not request this in case something more sinister is waiting inside.
    Has anyone had this done?
    I checked my credit card and nothing has been taken as it's saved on the Ps4 as my payment method..

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Login to your playstation account straight away and actually change your password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Do you have 2-Step enabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

bear1 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I logged into my email a few minutes ago and saw 3 emails from Sony advising that my password has been successfully changed :confused:
    I haven't changed any passwords with the PS4, moreover... I'm at work when I got this email.
    I checked the email address and it seems to be a legit address but I'm skeptical clicking the link which says I did not request this in case something more sinister is waiting inside.
    Has anyone had this done?
    I checked my credit card and nothing has been taken as it's saved on the Ps4 as my payment method..

Log directly into the site yourself and see if it lets you sign in. If it does change your password just to be safe, if it doesn't click forgot password and reset from there. Also change your email password aswell if it's been changed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Thanks everyone, I decided to just change the password completely and keep an eye on my credit card.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

bear1 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, I decided to just change the password completely and keep an eye on my credit card.

And set up 2 step authentication?

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    And set up 2 step authentication?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

and put garlic on the windows?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Skerries wrote: »

and by the back door too, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

This bears all the hallmarks of yet another sony hacking scandal, the fact that sony has not even acknowledged it, is in its self an admission of guilt and reeks of that nasty Japanese corporations contempt for its users.

Best thing to do in situations like this is to hold a ritual burning.

wicker-man-1973-lee2.jpg

Skerries wrote: »

So silly.
    I'm using small nails on the floor just under the window.
    Teach the bastard that comes through the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

dudeeile wrote: »
    This bears all the hallmarks of yet another sony hacking scandal, the fact that sony has not even acknowledged it, is in its self an admission of guilt and reeks of that nasty Japanese corporations contempt for its users.

Or, more likely, it's the result of falling victim to one/more of a plethora of other web service breaches over the past number of years. The hacking of a massive cloud email service provider was just released to the public at the end of last year, after all...

Nailz wrote: »
    Or, more likely, it's the result of falling victim to one/more of a plethora of other web service breaches over the past number of years. The hacking of a massive cloud email service provider was just released to the public at the end of last year, after all...

Wait a second...are you telling me we should put media reports and actual evidence above wildly speculative tommyrot and attempts to derail fact based discussion? Well I never!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

dudeeile wrote: »
    Wait a second...are you telling me we should put media reports and actual evidence above wildly speculative tommyrot and attempts to derail fact based discussion? Well I never!
    Shocking, isn't it?!

Shocking, isn't it?!

2951e8b8d066533f8acaf56e5a2df109.jpg

Shocking, isn't it?!

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Advertisement