Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a dog to Donegal!

Options
  • 22-06-2017 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello,

I'm fairly sure this is a non-runner, but thought I'd check here before giving up.

Is there any coach or mini-bus service that goes from Dublin to Donegal that transports dogs - with their (non-driving) owner! A family member needs to get from Dublin to Dungloe next month with their Labrador and none of the family is able to bring them on the date they need to go.

I can't imagine that any company would transport such a large dog, but here's hoping.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

There's a pretty large network of volunteers that transport dogs between rescues and from pounds to homes etc., usually in small increments. This type of request is a bit more unusual but try posting a request on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 KWilson15

Many thanks for replying ButtersSuki, I'll give Facebook a try. I checked with one of the bigger coach/minibus companies and it's a no go, so we need a plan B!

Thanks again.

Advertisement