Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom email problem

Options
  • 22-06-2017 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi, I'm using an eircom.net e-mail account in my parents home (they were on eircom, but have moved to another provider a few years ago) In the last few months (on Mozilla Thunderbird) when I try to send an e-mail with a file 90% of the time I get this window pop up."Sending of the message failed.
    The message could not be sent using Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.eircom.net for an unknown reason. Please verify that your Outgoing server (SMTP) settings are correct and try again."
    When I click ok I return to the main window and see this Add Security exception. (See attachment) After I click cancel or confirm, I go back to my e-mail window and am then able to send the mail. It's just the pop up has become very annoying.:) Can you help me with this? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi, Flickarius.

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

For best support on this, I would recommend contacting the technical team & troubleshooting the issues you are experiencing. You can contact them on 1890260260 or freephone 1901 option 2.

Thanks, 
    Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi, Flickarius.

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

For best support on this, I would recommend contacting the technical team & troubleshooting the issues you are experiencing. You can contact them on 1890260260 or freephone 1901 option 2.

Thank You.
    Hi Anna, when I call that number it asks to input the phone number but my parents are not with Eir at the moment and it doesn't recognise the number. Is there another way around this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Have you tried changing the outgoing mail server to mail1.eircom.net?

This should work for this issue.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement