Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban from Commuting & Transport

Options
  • 22-06-2017 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

Today one of the moderators of the C&T forum, monument, banned me for this post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103872612&postcount=49

The initial PM was generic and gave no detail as was to what I allegedly had done wrong. I replied and asked what rule did I break, as I attacked no-one and didn't "play the man".

monument replied with "You focused on what the poster may or may not do, and not the topic at hand."

I was aware of the charter before I posted, specifically
    it is not permitted to attack the poster's personality, background or any other irrelevant aspect (including what transport they use or how they pay for public transport)

My question was a question, not an attack. There was nothing impolite in my post, therefore I believe that monument is misinterpreting the rules.

Secondly, MOH replied to my post here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103878379&postcount=51
    which is an almost verbatim repeat of my post, albeit with rolleyes, so I conclude he has added sarcasm. monument let MOH off with a warning and no ban. That's not consistent to me.

I realise that by the time this process has concluded the ban will have probably expired anyway, so I'm lodging this on principle, hoping for more consistent moderation for the C&T forum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Note to other posters: please don't post in this thread unless invited to do so.

I'll have a look at this for you. Please pm me or post here your full pm exchange with the mod who sanctioned you where you both courteously attempted to resolve this issue.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

I have sent the 4 PMs in order.

Thanks. I'll have a look at those and have feedback for you tomorrow afternoon.

Hi n97 mini,

I've had a good look at this.

You have a long history of taking swipes at other posters, have received a good few sanctions for it and other poor postings (21 in total!!!) and have been told to knock that off more than enough times for a 2 day ban to be appropriate. If anything, the bans should be getting longer as the message still is not sinking in years later. While you maintain 'Asking a poster if they are or are related to a taxi driver is a perfectly fair question in context of the discussion, as it ascertains where his view point is coming from', it is clear, especially in light of your previous, that it is far from any sort of honest question and is a clear personal dig.

In light of that the ban remains and will lift tomorrow at around 18:00 after which you may resume posting.

As for MOH getting only a ticking off, MOH did respond which he shouldn't have, so got warning note, but no sanction because he didn't start it, it was less barbed than your post and MOH's history is otherwise perfect so an in-thread warning is fine though if the warning is not heeded to in the future, a sanction will be applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

21 out of over 6500 posts is one post out of every 309, or 0.3%. To me that is a pretty small number. There is also the issue of how many of those 21 were valid. I contested virtually none as I know there is usually no point: I will lose, regardless of who is right.

It was not an attack, as I've already stated, but a question. As the ban will soon lift automatically I have pretty much nothing to gain from raising this dispute. As with monument, there is no point in further discussing it if you are not willing to take my word for it. I obviously have virtually nothing to gain from it.

Anyway you may close this case. I'm finished with C&T for as long as monument is moderating.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Marking as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement