Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 MAVIC HAUTE ROUTE KSYRIUM PRO CARBON SL CLINCHER CL DISC WHEELSET

Options
  • 23-06-2017 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭

Was looking for new wheels online and came across these, on most sites they are about €2000 but on sale with Sigma for €1300.
    They are the exact same wheel as the 2017 MAVIC KSYRIUM PRO CARBON SL CLINCHER CL DISC WHEEL-SET (€1800 ish online ) but are a special edition with ceramic bearings and Haute Route logos and wheel bags with them.
    They seem very good value, I rang mavic to confirm that they are a 2017 wheel and he said yes and are the same as the other model but with the ceramic bearings.

So while the seem great value and nice to get the ceramic bearings too I've a worry about what happens if / if the bearings give up and the cost of replacing them - if I was to replace them with the original bearings they are about €450 for a full set from what I can see online.

A quick google says I could replace them with hybrid bearing or just normal bearings so maybe they could be the way to go if the failed in the future out of warranty.

So seems like good value on the wheel set , It's for the good bike so will only be used in the summer / mostly dry weather and won't be out for the winter so bearings should last me a long time.

What do ye think ?

Comments

Advertisement