Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leisure battery install location

Options
  • 23-06-2017 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

My question isn't camper related but figured you guys would be my best bet. I'm putting a leisure battery in a peugeot partner van. My only concern is location. It's not going to fit anywhere under the bonnet afaik so I'm looking at the load area somewhere. I'll e doing a good bit of shelving and whatnot . Can I just build a ply box around it if I install it up against the bulkhead? How much clearance , couple of inches all round? Presumably it would need to be ventilated, or is there no need?

Cheers folks.

Comments

As close as practically possible to the alternator split charge and distribution.
    I'd leave enough space for two Group GC2 or two Group 31.
    Enough Clearance for the Terminals and Master Fuse.
    Battery must have a hold down/wedges.

Ventilate a tube to atmosphere. SLA have outlets for this.

17111d1329871019-battery-went-south-autozone-duralast-gold-001-vent-tube.jpg

Advertisement