Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed Direct Debit

Options
  • 23-06-2017 7:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just a quick one over a fault in my part. I didn't have funds in my account to pay a DD scheduled for 22.06 but have funds in my account now.

I'm not worried about the admin penalty charge, rather I just want to know when the actual amount will be debited from my account...as I've been told by the other party that from their end it looks to have been collected.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just a quick one over a fault in my part. I didn't have funds in my account to pay a DD scheduled  for 22.06 but have funds in my account now.

I'm not worried about the admin penalty charge, rather I just want to know when the actual amount will be debited from my account...as I've been told  by the other party that from their end it looks to have been collected.
    Hi Ben Gadot

Thanks for your post.

If there is a unpaid fee on your account this employs the merchant will not try again so you will need to call them and discuss a payment method (visa debit care).

Direct debits will not keep trying to present even if the funds are in your account now.

We would advise to check your account first and see if the unpaid fee is there and if so call the merchant however if there is no unpaid fee and they are claiming they got paid I would wait 1 working day to see will it debit from your account just to avoid a duplicate transaction to them.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Kareana  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Hi,

There is an unpaid fee on my account so am I correct in saying that I need to contact them to discuss how to pay them?

Can I just check as well that no further penalties will occur on my account over this failed DD?

Thanks for the help Kareana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Hi,

There is an unpaid fee on my account so am I correct in saying that I need to contact them to discuss how to pay them?

Can I just check as well that no further penalties will occur on my account over this failed DD?

Thanks for the help Kareana.
    Hi Ben Gadot

Yes please contact the merchant, the majority will accept visa debit card payments over the phone.

If you don't have a visa debit card you can make a electronic transfer to them online.

For information on fees please see terms and conditions of DDs here.

There are no additional charges applied from BOI.

Have a great day.

Thanks

Kareana

Advertisement