Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with the delivery of products

Options
  • 23-06-2017 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Booked my TV and broadband service on the web service on Sunday via chat. Spoke to the web operator and told him that I could only agree to the contract (I have saved copies of the chat transcripts for use in a situation like this where it turned out I wasn't told the truth) if they confirmed a specific time as set in stone (he agreed on between 9 and 12 am today Friday 23/6), so I could arrange a halfday from work for this very purpose. Operator confirmed it was possible, I confirmed to him that I was only willing to sign the contract on the basis that it was 100% confirmed, he said yes, I agreed to the contract.

I called up 1800580500 on Wednesday to confirm that all was in order. They said that no note had been placed on the account and my booking was set to an all day booking. Naturally I complained, and explained the situation and they told me, not to worry, that they'd sort it on the account and it would happen as agreed.

I rang again this morning to make sure that this was all in order and was told that nothing had been placed on the account, and that there were delays with engineers so they didn't know what time someone could be there.

Someone from the installation team (who has confirmed to me that she doesn't work for Eir and that the messup is on the Eir side) is working diligently to try sort this for me as we speak, but....................was my contract agreed based on a lie?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi CSF,

I'm very sorry to hear of your experience to date.

I'm afraid when placing an order and arranging an appointment we would be unable to give a definite time as the engineers can run late with other installations and we would usually advise customers of the date and a rough timeframe.

I am very sorry you had been told that this time was definite, however, I'm afraid this would not reflect your contract as your contract would be in regards to the services you receive after installation and does not cover any delays on your installation.

Can you please PM your full name and account number and I will look into this further for you?

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ok, I've no problem accepting that the above is the case.

However, I think there is a serious issue if your chat operators are lying to people in an attempt to get me to sign the contract.

I mean I explicitly said that my signing of the contract, was contingent on this time being guaranteed, and then he didn't even put a note on the account to say I needed this time.

How is that not dodgy sales practice?

I completely understand your frustration and I am very sorry.

I can assure you that this will not be tolerated and is not typical behaviour.

Can you please PM me your account number and full name in order for us to look into this further for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

I've PMed you those details. Included the time of the chat in question, I've kept the transcript for my records incase you need that.

To be honest, I think when you've read it you'll see it is pretty bad, and I'm finding it difficult to believe that I'm the only person who is getting this. The guy was pretty much willing to tell me anything (regardless of whether it was true or not) to get me to sign upto a deal, and I've had to spend far too many hours chasing and stressing over this as a result.

Thank you for your PM and I will be forwarding this on to the relevant department to be looked into internally.

I am truly sorry for the stress this experience has caused you and I will update you through PM.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

Hi, nobody has gotten back to me yet as to the outcome of the internal investigation. Did one of your staff tell me lies to convince me to sign up?

Hi CSF,

I'm very sorry to hear this.

I will query this with the relevant department for you and update you as soon as I have heard back.

Thanks,
    Anna

Still nothing. 17 days seems a long time for an answer on something like this given I submitted the chat logs at the outset.

CSF wrote: »
    Still nothing. 17 days seems a long time for an answer on something like this given I submitted the chat logs at the outset.
    Hi CSF, 

I'm afraid we have had no feedback in relation to this as of yet. I've sent this onto my manager to send it on again. As soon as I hear back I'll come back to you. 

Apologies for the delays incurred. 

Thanks 

Anna 

Guys this is getting beyond disgraceful, and is coming across alot like you are trying to avoid addressing the issue.

• Advertisement

This is currently being investigated and I will contact you shortly in regards to this.

Thanks,
    Anna

24 days to review a chat log is nothing short of disgraceful. How much more of my time am I gonna have to waste on this before I get some sort of resolution?

Unfortunately, this has to be investigated and we are currently waiting for a resolution for you.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

24 days to review a chat log is nothing short of disgraceful. How much more of my time am I gonna have to waste on this before I get some sort of resolution?
    Eir sales reps will lie to you to get you to a sign a contract. They done the same to me. Now I'm in a situation where I signed up to broadband/tv/phone and only the phone part is installed, yet they're trying to charge me monthly only 5 euro less than the total bundle price.

With the amount of complaints on boards.ie its obvious this malpractice is not an isolated case and about time something is done about it...Not only on web chat but they also lied to me on the phone and a door2door sales rep.

4 weeks now. Can someone give me some kind of timeframe as to when I'm going to hear back on this?

This is currently being investigated by management and we should have an update on this next week.

I am truly sorry for the delay in this.

Thanks,
    Anna

Is 5 weeks the norm for things like this? I'd like to think that this will be addressed too, because it seems completely wrong that I've had to donate so much time chasing this. Basically I've spent my first 5 weeks as an eir customer chasing up why I've been treated so badly.

spix wrote: »
    Eir sales reps will lie to you to get you to a sign a contract. They done the same to me. Now I'm in a situation where I signed up to broadband/tv/phone and only the phone part is installed, yet they're trying to charge me monthly only 5 euro less than the total bundle price.

With the amount of complaints on boards.ie its  obvious this malpractice is not an isolated case and about time something is done about it...Not only on web chat but they also lied to me on the phone and a door2door sales rep.
    Hi spix, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account details and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Anna

Am I gonna hear back on this as per your message above? About to go into a 6th week now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Am I gonna hear back on this as per your message above? About to go into a 6th week now.
    Hi CSF, I sincerely apologise for the delay here.

Did you end up getting your services installed with us or did you cancel this order? If your services have been installed, could you PM me your account number and full name please?

- Adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement