Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling 3 - traffic shaping

• 23-06-2017 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭

I have finally decided I have had enough of three. I have been paying 55 euro a month for a few years for their 'broadband' as i cant get proper broadband. Recently speed tests in the evening have been appalling - as low as 500kb. I heard they are actively traffic shaping now so I checked youtube 'stats for nerds' and sure enough when speedtest was .6meg youtube videos were playing at over 10meg. I'm not having them deciding what is prioritised - that is not broadband.

I recognise they may have to do this to keep their network stable or whatever but had assumed this wouldn't happen for broadband customers. Anyway I'm out. May get an AYCE sim - cant be any worse. And meteor signal is decent now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fool on you for paying almost 3x for the same service for however long you've been on that tariff, MBB has always been near identical to regular UEs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

Yes I do feel like a mug! Kept telling myself they must treat their broadband customers differently. And I desperately need broadband so could not afford reduction in service

Advertisement