Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch Cautionary Tale

• 23-06-2017 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

Left Phonewatch after being a customer for over a decade as I was selling my house.

They sent a final bill June 20th (which I paid this morning) I also received an overdue letter this morning threatening to pass to a debt collection agency unless paid within 7 days!!

I assumed this was an error so mailed them and got this anonymous unsigned response:-

We have sent you out final bill for the address XXXXX. The account has not been passed to any third party debt collection agency. We are just advising that if balance isn’t cleared with ourselves we will have to pass it on.

Outrageous company - wouldnt recommend

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Not surprised really. I'm pretty sure the only reason some people still use them is because they still think they are owned by eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭kub

No surprise there, in big companies no matter how long you are a customer there is no such thing as loyalty.

It is all about money to these organisations.

Mind you imagine what they pay out to their advertising agency to tell everyone through the media how great they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Similar story. Phoned last month to cancel after about 6 years to be told I was in contract till November. I disputed this obviously and was told my failure to reply to a letter they say they sent me last October constitutes an acceptance of a new 12 month contract.
    I refused to accept this payed up to the end of June. I then received a letter from phonewatch threatening me with a debt collection agency and have since received a letter from some crowd called "Intrum Justina" giving me a final opportunity to pay before apparently they start sending people out to my house. Despite the scary name I've decided Intrum Justita and phonewatch can get together and go *%<£ themselves because they'll never get another penny from me. Horrible shower of bullies. They're banking I guess on some people being understandably scared of such letters and paying up more money to them for absolutely nothing and no cost to them. Stay clear of phonewatch.
    By the way phonewatchs practice of requiring you to indicate positively that you do not want to renew a contract is i understand called Inertia selling and is illegal in Ireland.

Advertisement