Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Application

Options
  • 23-06-2017 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I recently applied for a credit card.

Got a text message to the effect that "my application is being reviewed and some additional information is required. Please respond to the letter that is on its way to you etc etc'

I got this text 5 days ago. Should I have received this letter by now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi lawred2

Thanks for your post. 

The letter would usually take 3-5 working days.

I would advise you to wait till Monday morning to see do you receive it in the post as it is may be delayed.  

If you have not received it by then you can contact our credit card team on 0818 200 412 and an advisor will be happy to help you.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Hi BOI
    I applied for a credit card too. I got a text saying the same today. Can I ask what further inforation BOI equire? And how long does it take to actually get the card on approval?

Thanks.

Hi BOI
    I applied for a credit card too. I got a text saying the same today. Can I ask what further inforation BOI equire? And how long does it take to actually get the card on approval?

Thanks.

I'm still waiting if that's any help. Fairly dismal stuff for what should be a basic process. There is no way a credit card application should take longer than 24 hours to process. But here I still am.

Oh and I never received that letter. Had to call to find out what it was supposed to have contained.

It's pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

lawred2 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting if that's any help. Fairly dismal stuff for what should be a basic process. There is no way a credit card application should take longer than 24 hours to process. But here I still am.

Oh and I never received that letter. Had to call to find out what it was supposed to have contained.

It's pathetic.

Thanks for the reply. That was 3 weeks ago? So much for 24 hour approval etc., ey? Terrible

• Advertisement

Hi BOI

Thanks.

It's pathetic.
    Hi Lawred2,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

We're very sorry to hear that you didn't receive the letter yet.

Have you spoke and resolved the matter with our credit card team?

Please be assured I have noted your feedback and apologises again for the inconvenience caused.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana

Hi BOI

Thanks.

It's pathetic.
    Hi Lawred2,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

We're very sorry to hear that you didn't receive the letter yet.

Have you spoke and resolved the matter with our credit card team?  

Please be assured I have noted your feedback and apologises again for the inconvenience caused.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana
    No. Nothing has been resolved. No letter arrived so I took it upon myself to call and was instructed to send in statements which I did about three weeks ago. I subsequently called again last week to follow up as I again had heard zip and was told that someone would 'follow up' for me.

Nothing has happened since and I've just wasted 15 minutes on hold waiting for someone in sales having to listen to jarringly cheerful music and someone telling me about expert teams being right on hand...

Could I ask you to get a member of the sales teams to call me please? I'm not wasting any more of my day on this. I don't understand why 5 weeks has passed since commencing this application and nothing has happened. What exactly are your guys doing?

Hi Lawred2,

Thanks for your reply.

We apologise for the wait time.

We are aware that there as been a large amount of application recently which means they are taken longer than we would like.

As this has gone on for 5 weeks would you please send us a PM with the following details and we will try our best to get it resolved for you.

Details needed: Name, address, reference of application and contact number.  

Thanks,

Kareana

PM Sent to Bank of Ireland Reps

PM Sent to Bank of Ireland Reps
    Hi Lawred2,

Thanks for your post.

We have received you details in a PM.

Thanks

Kareana

• Advertisement

Ok got call from Sales.

I have to bring in some more documents. For a rather simple consumer credit product this process has gotten way out of hand.

Also, can I provide some simple feedback. It's time BoI moved with the times. Having to post or physically hand in statements to a branch when eStatements are the norm is ridiculous.

eStatements sent in by email will not be accepted. What century are you guys in? Apparently emailed documents are not considered trustworthy.

So now I have to print out eStatements and hand them in to a branch. Apparently the magical act of printing an eDocument bestows some mystical trustworthiness upon these documents.

BoI - time to come into the 21st century.

Ok got call from Sales.

I have to bring in some more documents. For a rather simple consumer credit product this process has gotten way out of hand.

Also, can I provide some simple feedback. It's time BoI moved with the times. Having to post or physically hand in statements to a branch when eStatements are the norm is ridiculous.

eStatements sent in by email will not be accepted. What century are you guys in? Apparently emailed documents are not considered trustworthy.

So now I have to print out eStatements and hand them in to a branch. Apparently the magical act of printing an eDocument bestows some mystical trustworthiness upon these documents.

BoI - time to come into the 21st century.
    Hi lawred2,

Thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear you feel this way.

I'm glad to hear that they have contacted you.

Please be assured that we will note your feedback and pass it on to the relevant department.  

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks

Kareana

Statements were provided as requested a number of days ago. When can I expect this process to be concluded? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi lawred2,

Once all requested documents have been received they're sent to the underwriters for review. You'd generally receive an update within two to three working days.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi lawred2,

Once all requested documents have been received they're sent to the underwriters for review. You'd generally receive an update within two to three working days.

Thanks
    Tara

Can I ask you guys again to get someone to ring me with an update please?

Still heard nothing.

A credit card application should take no more than 2/3 days not six weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Can I ask you guys again to get someone to ring me with an update please?

Still heard nothing.

A credit card application should take no more than 2/3 days not six weeks.
    Hi lawred2

We're sorry to hear this. We've sent another request to the team to arrange a call back.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks
    Jane.

Still waiting.

I think I'll move on elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Still waiting.

I think I'll move on elsewhere.
    Hi lawred2,

Please be assured we've sent the request for a call back and they will be in touch.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
    Jane.

Advertisement