Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no FTTH availability to my Eircode, yet neighbours on either side do.

Options
  • 23-06-2017 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been chatting with eir rep about how my Eircode and landline number show that my exchange connection is not fibre enabled. Yet my neighbour got connected to FTTH today, and when I check the eiircodes of  neighbours on other side of me, they have availability. Why am I piggy in the middle with no fibre even to the exchange!! I share the same pole and exchange with the neighbour who was connected today, and I share the same exchange with the neighbours further in the road. The fibre come up from under ground at the pole outside my house and continues in the road on the poles for about 200 meters. The neighbour at the ned of the 200m can get it if they wish, according to their eircode lookup on the eir webpage.
    Could it be somthing to do with the fact that my number is ex-directory?
    The box on the pole for fibre connections has the number TMR9002022 on it.

Ricta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Ricta,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm afraid FTTH is not a guaranteed service for every customer and is subject to availability.

The fibre lines are not connected to every customer's house and this may be the reason that you are not eligible for the service.

Can you please PM me your full name, account number and eircode and I will look into this further for you with the relevant department?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ricta

Hi Anna, thanks for replying. Since posting, I have found info on fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/
    see the attached jpeg, it seems that while most of my neighbours are live, my house and a few others are still planned. Interestingly a derlict cottage with the roof fallling in is marked as live.

I will wait a while longer to see if my status changes in the near future.

regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

That's no problem at all :) 

Please feel free to get back in touch with your details if you change your mind.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement