Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collecting Campanula Seeds

Options
  • 23-06-2017 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Somebody said that growing Campanula is easy.

But if you are collecting seeds - is it the pod that is there after the flower has withered that you collect?

What is the best time of the year to plant the seeds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

The usual method is by splitting a clump. Any friend or neighbour who grows it would probably be happy to give you a piece with some roots attached.
    I've never heard of growing them from seed as a general thing, although I'm sure it is possible; but probably much slower than the first method.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

colour me lazy, but i usually just treat the seeds the way nature does - if the seeds are 'designed' to be sown by the plant when they fall off it, you may as well plant them when they're viable. that's a general approach, and i guess not applicable to all plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement