Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 plus - Wont charge/turn on

Options
  • 23-06-2017 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Looking for opinion.

I have an appointment in apple genius bar next week in belfast for the above issue. Will they attempt the repair or could I argue the case and demand a new iPhone? Dont fancy accepting that issue could happen again down the line. Genuine fault, phone never dropped, official charger only ever used.

Thanks in advance

Barry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Did you try removing the fluff in the socket?

While your device is connected, force it to restart. On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time- might work.

My 6 did something similar recently and this got it going again by holding down the sleep/wake and home buttons at the same time- took up to 20 seconds of holding down these buttons though to get it going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Thanks for the info. I have tried all that. Even went through it again with apple support. Nothing out of it. It is proper Fooked.

Advertisement