Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Proraso

• 23-06-2017 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Just back from a couple of weeks in Italy and ran out of shaving foam when over there. Picked up a bowl of Proraso soap in the local shop. Loved using it and went back for more.

Couldn't believe how cheap it was over there...€1.77 for a 150ml bowl. Its the green one which is all they had, looked around for the Sandalwood but couldn't find it. Ended up buying 3 bowls for that price it was a snip and then picked up a 100ml of their After Shave Balm with the green tea & oat for less than a fiver.

No more Nivea shaving foam for me, proraso all the way now...

Next on the shopping list is a Muhle 89c

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Fair play?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Been using it for years now. It's fantastic.

A good source for shaving gear is shaving.ie

Wont be as cheap as Italy bet still great value and their service is great.

Good selection of razors and brushes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Yep. Shaving.ie are great. Frequently get orders the day after ordering.

Use Proraso after shave - must try the soap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

9or10 wrote: »
    Yep. Shaving.ie are great. Frequently get orders the day after ordering.

Use Proraso after shave - must try the soap.

Eventually got some Proraso soap - its OK, but TOBS is just as good.

A couple of things irritate me (mildly):

- The top is domed so nothing stacks on top of it
    - There is no lip. The soap is filled upto the rim and is domed under the lid, so for the first several shaves it makes a mess to clear up.

No biggees but I'll stick to TOBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

To be fair, TOBs is twice the price. I think Proraso is excellent, great value, especially if you get in Italy, where it's about a third of the price you generally pay online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

Has anyone ever tried to purchase Proraso products from an online Italian or other mainland European retailer? The prices (particularly for the pre-shave creams and post-shave balms) are much lower. However, the retailers that I found charge high delivery fees which wipe out the savings on the costs of the products.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Online Proraso prices are certainly way cheaper, but, as you have found, the bulk and weight of any packages means that postage charges negate any savings. Maybe a big enough order would reduce the per item postage, but the only really cheap way I have found to get Proraso is buying it in person when on holidays in Europe, or asking friends to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Shaving.ie has delivery under €3 for Ireland which might make your Proraso order more attractive if you grab a few things at once.

Advertisement