Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC build shipping

Options
  • 23-06-2017 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

When you order a full build minus case from mindfactory and such places do they ship it all in one box or is it in separate packages?

Need to use parcel motel since I can't get things delivered at work and they have a max locker size. The case I guess is too big so I'll think of something else for that. This is my first PC build and shipping dimensions are never listed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I posted a picture of mine on here when I received it more than a year ago from MindFactory. It came in just the one box.

122nlhz.jpg

33nxqix.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

I had it delivered in similar box but can you not get it delivered to your house or neighbours maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 zrau84

Thanks for the info! Yea I'll have to call in sick one day or something since parcel motel wont work on that size box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

If the box is too big for parcel motel they will charge E15 to deliver it to your house but I think you can also pick it up at their Dublin depot - that might help you if you are based in the big smoke?

I'm in Dublin alright but no vehicle at the moment. I work all day in UPS delivery hours and work gets real pissy about personal deliveries to the office. A package that size especially. So I think I'll let UPS miss the first delivery and contact me about a day then magically become sick that day. Too bad they don't do Saturday drops for us working jerks.

I'm going with the G4560 and 1050ti btw for my first build, just a light gaming rig no streaming or anything. Once the mining craze has ended I'll upgrade to a better GPU, probably around x-mas to get me something nice. The 1060 6b is around 300-400 euro now compared to 140 euro on a 1050ti. I picked the worst time to get into building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

zrau84 wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin alright but no vehicle at the moment. I work all day in UPS delivery hours and work gets real pissy about personal deliveries to the office. A package that size especially. So I think I'll let UPS miss the first delivery and contact me about a day then magically become sick that day. Too bad they don't do Saturday drops for us working jerks.

I'm going with the G4560 and 1050ti btw for my first build, just a light gaming rig no streaming or anything. Once the mining craze has ended I'll upgrade to a better GPU, probably around x-mas to get me something nice. The 1060 6b is around 300-400 euro now compared to 140 euro on a 1050ti. I picked the worst time to get into building.

TBH - you'll want to upgrade the CPU if you're upgrading the GPU. All in all though a nice rig and personally I'd just stick with it until you can do both. And that'll mean one less sick day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TBH - you'll want to upgrade the CPU if you're upgrading the GPU. All in all though a nice rig and personally I'd just stick with it until you can do both. And that'll mean one less sick day :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Honestly no idea what that video is going to show but if it's that the CPU is okay for 4K 60 it isn't and there are other youtubers showing the various use cases where it's bottleneck GPUs. Hell we've even had the discussion here about that CPU and things like BF1 Multiplayer.

Well, I'm only targeting 60fps with this rig on mostly reasonable spec games like GTA V, Dark Souls series along with some e-sports. It should chug along pretty well for the money based on Youtube clips. Didn't want to fry high-end components worth many 100s of euros on my first attempt at hammering it all together.

Tried to go for a decent PSU so I can fit something like a RX 580 and a high end Intel CPU when/if I feel I need the boost. Based on online power calculator tools a 520-Watt-Seasonic-S12II should do the trick.

All that along with a Corsair 200R case and 8GB 2400 RAM and this motherboard and I hope to be a happy camper: MSI-B250M-PRO-VH-Intel-B250

Not allowed to make hyperlinks to the actual components since I'm new to boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

A lot of those videos have agendas and deliberately cherry pick games which show the CPU to be perfectly capable. As someone mentioned above, try playing Battlefield 1 conquest online and prepare to have a fairly bad time. Notice how many of the Battlefield 1 gameplay videos on the G4560 are not actually 64p conquest, but other niche modes like team deathmatch which are far less CPU taxing. Still, that said, for stuff like GTA V, Dark Souls and any of the common e-sports titles, it is most definitely good enough. It's very similar to a Haswell i3 (like the i3-4150 or similar). It's a good CPU for the money and as you say it's easily up gradable in any case.

• Advertisement

Well, I'm only targeting 60fps with this rig on mostly reasonable spec games like GTA V, Dark Souls series along with some e-sports. It should chug along pretty well for the money based on Youtube clips. Didn't want to fry high-end components worth many 100s of euros on my first attempt at hammering it all together.

Tried to go for a decent PSU so I can fit something like a RX 580 and a high end Intel CPU when/if I feel I need the boost. Based on online power calculator tools a 520-Watt-Seasonic-S12II should do the trick.

All that along with a Corsair 200R case and 8GB 2400 RAM and this motherboard and I hope to be a happy camper: MSI-B250M-PRO-VH-Intel-B250

Not allowed to make hyperlinks to the actual components since I'm new to boards.

No need to go overboard on the PSU. I've a fully OC'd system, 4790K, GTX 1080 etc and I run a 430 or 500w unit, cant remember which. To be fair it's a passive unit so I think there is some gigery pokery that goes on there. As long as it's a decent brand I wouldn't worry about it too much, but I digress.

The only point I was making is I think you've build a well rounded system there and a nice rig and I'd frankly just run with it for the forseeable. If anything look at a secondhand GPU. I wish the 980ti prices where like they were on the US tech videos second hand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

When you order a full build minus case from mindfactory and such places do they ship it all in one box or is it in separate packages?

Need to use parcel motel since I can't get things delivered at work and they have a max locker size. The case I guess is too big so I'll think of something else for that. This is my first PC build and shipping dimensions are never listed.

Parcel Motel will do oversized items and deliver to any address of your choice (home, family members house, neighbour, etc since you can't do work) for €7.95 instead of the regular €3.95 - they really are an incredibly good service. Just change your delivery address in your account to wherever you want it to go.

Did a build with this a few weeks ago and did a good bit of testing, it's a really, really good combo for the price and will allow you to upgrade the main two components (CPU, GPU) over time with gradual saving and try to catch sales etc. On 1080p you'll get the likes of The Witcher and GTAV - both titles demanding on the CPU and GPU - to 50+ fps on high settings (with some medium and some ultra) very easily. To each their own as I guess it's down to how well your eyes are trained, but I personally don't notice the difference from 50ish to 60ish. You'll be pleasantly surprised, I would imagine (I was!). :)

That's good to hear. Just ordered there. Thanks for the help lads! :)

Advertisement