Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knotweed or Dock Plant

Options
  • 23-06-2017 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Quick one for ye guys, a few plants in my back garden are they dock plant or Japanese knotweed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Here is the pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 7 scorpio.045

Hi there, looks like a dock plant to me, although im not totally familiar with knot weed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

They are dock leaves. Pull them up a shake the roots off all soil. That may kill them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭freewheeler

looks like dock to me! definitely not knotweed anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

Broad leaf dock for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Docks, they are not remotely like j.k.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

That's not Knot (no double negative pun intended :) ), it's definitely dock, and I know , because I have plenty of them!
    But the advice to "just pull them up" is a little lacking. You will have to get your fork down deep and loosen up the soil and then try pulling it up and when you don't succeed then dig deeper again. They have a very deep taproot, and if you try pulling it and leave some of the root behind, all your efforts will have been in vain. You've got to get it all out or it will just sprout again.

Advertisement