Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Companies in rural Limerick

• 23-06-2017 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking to know what internet companies out there would cover fedamore. Like local companies I hate dealing with the likes of eir and Vodafone.

Have a contract with one for a couple of years but it's painfully slow and I'm looking for options now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Imagine LTE could be your best bet if available in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Check out the fibre most companies are charging 50-60 quid a month I simply couldn't afford that I'm paying 25 a month at the moment for one of those coming in through the sat dish but it's very slow

Check out the fibre most companies are charging 50-60 quid a month I simply couldn't afford that I'm paying 25 a month at the moment for one of those coming in through the sat dish but it's very slow

When you say sat dish are you referring to a satellite provider like QSat or a local Wireless ISP like Nova Broadband, Celtic Broadband?

http://irelandoffline.org/map/#/home, place a marker at your location an check the Wireless ISP box in the top LH corner to see what WISPs are available in your area.

Have you checked out the mobile networks' broadband options?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭godfrey

This company is excellent and currently investing in a new generation of WISP equipment for speeds far in excess of competitors.

g

http://www.maintsbb.com/

• Advertisement

godfrey wrote: »
    This company is excellent and currently investing in a new generation of WISP equipment for speeds far in excess of competitors.

What is this new tech, LTE, PMP 450, other?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Donutz

Unfortunately if you want faster speeds your gonna be paying a bit more than 25 quid a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

The Cush wrote: »
    When you say sat dish are you referring to a satellite provider like QSat or a local Wireless ISP like Nova Broadband, Celtic Broadband?

http://irelandoffline.org/map/#/home, place a marker at your location an check the Wireless ISP box in the top LH corner to see what WISPs are available in your area.

Have you checked out the mobile networks' broadband options?

my experience with celtic were of the horrible kind, shelling out 35 a month a few years back and it could not pull a ccline from the uk, plent of numbers and figures being shoved my way, if only they could be used to download i would have been sorted

I don't mind paying up to 40 odd as long as I can run iptv off it and play online without horrible lag

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Donutz

I had nova broadband in fedamore and it worked fine for me at 45 quid per month. The only problem is the 10gb daily download limit.

Recently changed to pure telecom. Still 45 a month but it's noticeably faster and has no download limit. It has an 18 month contract though whereas the nova broadband contract was only for 6 months.

Edit:

Neither of these connections would be fast enough for IPTV

• Advertisement

I'm considering switching to Vodafone its 25 a month for 6 months and then it changes to 45 a month but its 18 mb download (well thats at max speed anyway) should be plenty for what I need I reckon

I'm considering switching to Vodafone its 25 a month for 6 months and then it changes to 45 a month but its 18 mb download (well thats at max speed anyway) should be plenty for what I need I reckon

CHeck the speeds on their website. They use eircom lines so if eir is slow so will Vodafone.

Check the line speed for your location here - http://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/can-i-get-eir-fibre-broadband/

I did like I said above 18mb

I did like I said above 18mb

That's very good for rural. In donoughmore myself, only two kilometres from a few housing estates with fibre and we can only get between 0.8mb and 1.4mb.

I think theres an exchange only around the corner from me so that probably helps

Advertisement