Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jupiter spider back wheel

Options
  • 23-06-2017 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi I have a Jupiter spider bike and the back wheel seems to be buckled on it, does anyone know where to get another wheel for it? Can ye recommend somewhere around the Munster area too please, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Any bike shop should be able to straighten it.

If it's beyond repair any rear wheel with the freewheel you need (most likely shimano) will fit and work with your cassette.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hsan

Thanks Cjc, one more question, the brake pads keep rubbing off the tyre, how do I loosen these to keep them back from the rim?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

hsan wrote: »
    Thanks Cjc, one more question, the brake pads keep rubbing off the tyre, how do I loosen these to keep them back from the rim?

Tyre or wheel? If the former, then that will eventually shred the tyre and is generally caused by alignment of the pads, and if you're not sure what you're doing to correct that I'd suggest youtube videos for brake adjustment, or get the shop to look at it while the wheel is done. If the latter, however, then there should be a barrel adjuster you can screw back in to release some tension and open the brakes, as well as the switch for getting the wheel on and off.

Advertisement