Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seriously loud music

Options
  • 24-06-2017 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

There's been loud music being played in the apartment block behind me, initially thought it was the pub around the corner but they are never loud at all so I went into my yard and it seems to becoming from the apartment block. They've played ed Sheehan shape of you about six times already. They can't even wait for a song to finish it and change it 3 or 4 times. They'll turn it down for a few seconds and then turn it all the way back up again.

The other half is up at 5 for work so he's going mad. Can you call the guards for this sort of thing or is it a nuisance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭dennyk

What did they say when you called over to their place and asked them if they could turn down the volume?

You could call the guards, but if the noise is coming from inside the apartment, there's nothing they can do other than knock on the door and politely ask the folks there to turn it down if anyone answers. If it's an ongoing issue, you could involve their landlord and eventually take it to the RTB if nothing gets resolved, but that doesn't help for tonight, I suppose. Your best bet for the moment is a pair of earplugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

You need access codes for the building, I'm in a house their block is at the end of my yard. We thought about ringing them but if we can't get in how will they. Its stopped now so either they've fecked off down town or the neighbours sorted it. so the only noise I will have to contended with now will be himself snoring. Will still need the ear plugs ;) thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Are you part of the same development, with the same management company? If so, you should do what you can to find out exactly which unit is causing this, and make a report to the management company (or their agent) on Monday morning.

Advertisement