Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clear nettles in dog garden

Options
  • 24-06-2017 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

I hope you can help me. I have a large fenced area in my garden where I keep our dogs. It has become overgrown with nettles and other weeds. What's the easist way to clear the area without harming the dogs?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Any standard weedkiller such as round-up is fine once it has dried onto the leaves. On a bright dry day just keep your dogs out of the area for an hour or two and it'll be fine. Dogs don't like nettles any more than we do so are likely to stay away.

Just don't spray if it's windy to ensure only the weeds get the spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Any standard weedkiller such as round-up is fine once it has dried onto the leaves. On a bright dry day just keep your dogs out of the area for an hour or two and it'll be fine. Dogs don't like nettles any more than we do so are likely to stay away.

Just don't spray if it's windy to ensure only the weeds get the spray.

There's only weeds in the area so I'll do a big spraying session. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

There's only weeds in the area so I'll do a big spraying session. Thanks.

Remember to leave it for a few weeks to ensure that the roots are dead.

Advertisement